my lil homemade incubator

channyx904

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 3, 2013
jacksonville. fl

I dd not take a photo of the insides as of yet due to having eggs in there and also i did not make a window, this is my first batch of button quail eggs in here and so far so good. I'm on day 7 with my eggs. 13 set. one has blood ring.. one dud and the rest are jumping with joy... so.. still have a lil way to go.

I have a fan inside using a lamp dimmer that's attached to the lamp socket. Have a wire mesh inside made space because i just had water on the bottom, no dish. um... covered the fan up with the rest of the mesh so they would not explore ..

The temp holds steady between 99.0 and small spikes of 102.00 but it's just for a few seconds...

so u move the book side to side every few hours? see i read every two hours or 4 times day minimum so 6hourly i could do that i suppose

Yes well i do about 8 hrs. So 3x a day vecause i work during the day. But as long as i do it 3 x a day im good. They are still moving and healthy :) are you incubatibg too? If so when did you start?

no not yet im in process of purchasing one n the babies in pic wont be with me untill 10th august..... i hope to have incubator by then and looking at getting eggs to incubate n keep them too just getting as much info as i can now :)

Oh I completely understand.i went trough tons of research too. I just went on ahead and made my own because I can't afford my kids to mess this up for me again lol. we will see how many will hatch tis coming week if not early next week because i'm due to not turning them anymore this saturday. but congrats to your lil babies. the 10th is not too far away. I was trying to plan the hatch right around my daughters birthday which is the 13 but she said she only want it to be for her lol. such a girl hahaha goodluck

lol children cam be so lol funny.... yes i was thinking of making my own too and some advice i got was to mark eggs with like say this * and roll them one turn left then on turn right etc .... do u roll yours one full turn or a quarter at a time...sorry if silly questions but i so wana get it right and also how many days can eggs sit b4 they need incubating i been told ten maximum, is this true?

Yes 10 maximum but really it can go longer but some people dont reccomend it due to loss of fertility. I had mine for 2 weeks lol "opps" and the ones that were fertile are still fertile. I just checked them again lol. All still wigglin around in the shell.
Well like i said on my last post i dont turn them... i just tilt them.

Back
Top Bottom