My little Nando just will not grow! Update: He's found a forever home!

Quote:
The toes are where I've failed Nan. They seem to be unchanged from the last few weeks. She runs around all over and play fights with the littles. I worry that the hassle of taping her toes down (which makes her MAD) might make her loose her fighting spirit and possibly get the others to start picking on her. She can't fly like the littles, so they bomb her from above, but she does her share of pouncing on them at floor level, which keeps her high up on the pecking level. I've decided to leave her toes alone unless they get worse...She gets around just fine.
I have a feeling she will be a nest box chicken forever though..She can't fly very well with those crazy wing feathers.

Thanks to all the Nan-fans out there! She is one of a kind. It's nice to have the support and encouragement of BYC! I never thought she would make it this long!

Last edited:
Aw....little Nan is getting bigger! Yay! Grow Nan, Grow!!!
woot.gif

Quote:
The possibility is there! We always laugh about her turning into a rooster. If she does turn into a he, I'll have to keep him well away from the flock. Don't need to spread those genetics around..

Her comb is about the same as her sisters of the same age, it just looks strange on a chicken the size of a 6 week old. She does have skinny feminine legs. We won't be able to tell from the feathers as they are deformed. I guess we'll wait and see..

Last edited:
That whole house chicken thing kind of creeps me out. I can't imagine being asleep and having a chicken fly up into my bed or on the couch. Then again, I have a cat, a dog, and a turtle roaming around, so it wouldn't be too unusual for this household. He would probably have a nice cozy small coop outside with a buddy.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom