My Mallards are missing ~ they're back :) ~

bayouchica

Songster
13 Years
Jan 23, 2007
N.E. Louisiana
I think they flew away
hit.gif
They went out as usual this morning & they just dissappeared.I get the chickens & duck food out & then feed the wild ducks on the bayou.
I've walked around on our place & my BIL's & nothing.
sad.png
They have been doing fly arounds out to the bayou before,but would never land there. Maybe they are out on the water, who knows.
hit.gif

This stinks, I was so hoping Miss Quacks would raise her young here. I do have 8 of her eggs, they are small though. I don't know if I should try to hatch them.
idunno.gif

I'm just missing my funny little quackers
hit.gif

Last edited:
oh i am so sorry, but don't loose hope! you take care of them and feed them and she has eggs there, maybe not all is lost! keep us updated! i loved the pics you put online recentley of them!

WHEW!! BAD DUCKS!! BAD DUCKS !! they came back this afternoon.
barnie.gif
They are just fine, hungray,they missed their treats I reckon.
I found two of the drakes walking around the back of our place..lost without the others.By the time I came to the front, there were the other three. So I don't know maybe they got lost in the woods or they took an extended flight.
They slept most of the afternoon away & gladly went in the pen with the chickens.
I was so worried about them, sooo glad they came home.
Thanks for your support, I'd be lost without my duckers.
Miriam

BAD DUCKS!! BAD DUCKS !!

lol.png
We say that a lot around here too!
lol.png

I'm glad they had the good sense to come home. I suspect they might be getting a little hormonal, what with spring just around the corner.​

I have a couple mallards that like to fly around the house and nearby in the neighborhood.
I sing

Bad Ducks, Bad Ducks
Whatcha gonna do
Whatcha gonna do when I come for you
Bad Ducks Bad ducks

My neighbor is immensely amused by me.

I am glad they came back.

Back
Top Bottom