My NEW Breeding Pens

Quote:
I will be using them for keeping each breed separate for matings. I could use them for broody hens too maybe... maybe not since it is off the ground the chicks would fall too far. I have thought about using them for grow out pens too for month or two olds to grow till I can put them with the others. I have enough roosters to fill these ups so I will just probably use them for matings.

Ah...so kind of used for a mix of reasons related to breeding! Gotcha! Thank you!!

I too was wondering about Steve's smilies. Fancy schmancy!

Quote:
Only if you tear the pallets apart
lau.gif
There are two babies, 10 mths and almost 3 yrs. That is a fer piece to drive....
hmm.png

When is that cookout missy?????

In theory, I would have loved to do it this weekend.......But I somehow got talked into driving a moving truck from Carthage to Houston, TX on Friday..........So need another off work weekend!!
I love kids- some bring them on!

Quote:
When is that cookout missy?????

In theory, I would have loved to do it this weekend.......But I somehow got talked into driving a moving truck from Carthage to Houston, TX on Friday..........So need another off work weekend!!
I love kids- some bring them on!

You going to get some birds or eggs on that trip?

We got all the interior dividers up today
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
and I got stung by a yellow jacket ouch! Never have been stung by them before, still ouch
hit.gif

92428_dsc03884.jpg

hide.gif
never mind the gaps in the boards they are on my ta do list
hide.gif
We are not carpenters and sometimes it shows, but they are just chickens right?

92428_dsc03885.jpg

Going to rain tomorrow, but we are going to try to get the other outside wall up. If not we are going shopping for gutters and fencing maybe groceries. Any suggestions for fencing over the TOP of the runs? I was planning on 2 x 4 welded wire.

I forgot to get pics but I will tomorrow if weather permits of the tops. We used some pallet tops to connect the panels to each other to keep it stable and give us something to support the roofing and fencing that will go on top. After this it just details so that will slow us down alot. Filling in gaps and dividers under the coops.

Back
Top Bottom