my new mini coop

jeb251

Songster
10 Years
Mar 24, 2009
Fort Wayne
25889_156.jpg

25889_158.jpg

I designed and built this little coop myself and I was building it to sell but the little lady wants to keep it, says its cute, so now I have to build another one. I have my white ameracana trio in it now and they seem to like it, but I think I will try to make the next one a little lighter so its easier to move around the yard.

25889_157.jpg

well details are

its about 3' x 7', I designed it to fit in the back of a pick up truck

I put a homemade pvc feeder, I might put a homemade pvc waterer with a nipple and a thermo cube running a small aquarium heater in it. I didnt put a door on the pop but I think I will do that so I can use it as a brooder as well. it came out a little hevier than I wanted but I used 5/8" ply and treated lumber all around because that it what I had on hand but I think 3/8" will work much better.

Neat! That is the roosting perch I see I assume?

I've been looking around for all kinds of ideas. I need as cheap as possible and small. Not too conspicuous.
lol.png

That's very nice
smile.png
And exactly what I've been searching for to put my growing up chicks in. Or actually that would be an awesome pen for a serama trio. Thanks for sharing.
smile.png

yes it is a roost, it sets just high enough to double as a step to get into the nest box. Thank you all for your compliments, I put the coop in cl for $300.00, but the wife says I'll be taking orders lol she says this one is hers, what are ya gonna do right? I have also designed a mini barn coop that I will be building soon. Oh and this is a mini version of my larger coops that will be built this summer, gonna start off with four, and see how they work over the winter and maybe another four or maybe even eight next summer

Back
Top Bottom