My Peafowl Pictures

Love your pictures.
smile.png
I'm new to this forum too and really not sure how to use it but will learn eventually.

I have a pied male and female I hatched out last year and keeping my fingers crossed the male will have some white in his tail. I have 3 more pied chicks from this year.

@ Kooshie: Thanks I really wanted to name a peacock Dragon just because I thought they are like dragons, especially the green ones because they are also called Dragon Bird, and it looks like they have scales like a dragon.

Oh that is awesome! I really hope I can get Dragon and Damsel my two pieds to mate eventually so that I can have pied chicks. I love pieds because they are so unique. Each one has a different look making it really easy to tell them apart.

Yes I did have two deer fawns, trade a pr of peafowl for the first,she was 3 days old. 2nd was a white one, both were kill by neighbors dogs.

Running them in their pen,untill they broke their necks.

Last edited:
Quote:
One thing to look for on pied chicks, the white on lower back.Remember train feather come off the back, not really tail feathers. I also like the loud pieds and silver pied. Yes not many the same. Reason I add new colors to the pied patterns

peachicks056.jpg

Quote:
That is really sad. We know someone who is raising a fawn. The fawn's mom was shot or something and the fawn survived and so our neighbor's son took it in and says it is really playful. I am sure the white one was pretty.
smile.png

I must say MinxFox those are fabulous!!!!!!! I see you're talking with Deerman. Hes the guy to talk to about Peafowl. He helped me with alot of questions.

Cant wait to see the pics of your youngsters. I had 2 at one time. Both ended up getting coryza from chickens and dieing. Never housing them with my chickens again!

I took some pictures today of the peafowl.

Here is part of the 40x50 ft. pen we have. I know it is hard to see but there is netting over the top. I like the netting because it is so hard to see so it makes you not feel so penned up. The crosses hold up the netting and are also roosts for the birds. I try to collect a lot of tropical plants to put in the pen or just any interesting plant I find. I would like to keep adding plants but for now I have stopped planting due to the heat. It is not very kind to new plants.
IMG_4012.jpg

I am really happy about our new pen extention. We already had an indoor portion for the birds, but it wasn't really that big or nice looking so this should be a ton nicer. This extention seems to draw in cool air. It is very nice and cool under the tin roof and the birds are really enjoying it so far.
IMG_4007.jpg

IMG_4003.jpg

We have two roosts in it but I am not sure if they have used them yet. I can't wait to see them use the roosts in there I know they will be nice, cool, and high.
IMG_4011.jpg

I love peafowl feathers. They are so pretty! This is a closeup of Dragon's wing.
IMG_3992.jpg

Here is Ice.
IMG_4043.jpg

This is Damsel, she is my yearling pied hen. Everybody likes to pick on her chasing her away from food (mainly Ice does that) but Damsel picks on Pip sometimes. Damsel is a bit flighty unlike the other birds. She almost flew into me twice today when she was trying to escape birds chasing her away from their food.
IMG_3976.jpg

The peafowl in the front is Alto, he is my little cutie. He is really growing up. The peafowl in the background is Pip, she is the smallest peafowl I have. Both of these peafowl are India blues.
IMG_3961.jpg

Here is Alto's train. It isn't really much now, but compared to what it was, it is a big improvement! I have really enjoyed watching him get colorful. Alto is a big peacock too, I think he will be a great peacock once he reaches three and gets his eye feathers, but maybe he will be one of those peacocks that gets a few eye feathers when he is two, that would be nice.
IMG_3990.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you!
smile.png

Yeah the peafowl are really good about not messing up the plants. They do peck at the plants, but not much. I water all the plants in the pen a lot and the peas really like it when I water. The water makes all the bugs come out from the leaves and the peas run around eating bugs. Alto is very curious about water and folows me around when I am watering sometimes. This really cool plant that is native here and blooms all summer has sprung up everywere in the pen because I water so much and I love it! The birds like to cool off under the plant and the flowers attract so many types of butterflies into the pen! I have always wanted to attract butterflies and now almost daily I see butterflies in the pen. Mainly a lot of the big pretty yellow and black butterflies are the ones I see.

Back
Top Bottom