My Pekin ducks have white beaks

Are you sure both are Pekin? Very pretty ducks . A white layer looks similar to Pekin but not as large and has a pinkish bill instead of orange
I’m not sure when I bought them they told me they were Pekins maybe they were wrong hopefully my vet can tell me what they are for sure

Any luck figuring this out? We just rescued two ducks that were abandoned by the side of our road. They were soaking wet, shivering, mostly lame, and had white-ish beaks. I'm thinking they are just incredibly undernourished. We've been giving them duck food, salmon, b complex, and other supplements to help them out.

Any advice appreciated!

Any luck figuring this out? We just rescued two ducks that were abandoned by the side of our road. They were soaking wet, shivering, mostly lame, and had white-ish beaks. I'm thinking they are just incredibly undernourished. We've been giving them duck food, salmon, b complex, and other supplements to help them out.

Any advice appreciated!
The white bills are due to breed not undernourishment. If they are white with a light bill they are either White Layers or possibly Aylesbury (Aylesburry are very rare so I would assume white layer).

The white bills are due to breed not undernourishment. If they are white with a light bill they are either White Layers or possibly Aylesbury (Aylesburry are very rare so I would assume white layer).
Turns out they were Pekins! Both have healthy orange beaks now... they were just massively undernourished.

Back
Top Bottom