my pet chicken reviews

I ordered some last year. The lavender Wyandotte were a bust none hatched, and most were scrambled on arrival, the other 6 were olive egger and cuckoo bluebar, 4 of 6 hatched. I have 9 various Orpington eggs coming this week so we shall see how they go. I hatch with broody hens.

Thats exactly what I was gonna get was the lav wyandottes...thank goodness I went a different path as in 2012 i ordered blrw hatching eggs from them and none hatched seems there eggs are still **** lol

Thats exactly what I was gonna get was the lav wyandottes...thank goodness I went a different path as in 2012 i ordered blrw hatching eggs from them and none hatched seems there eggs are still **** lol
I would avoid anything Wyandotte personally in their hatching eggs, or at least get only a couple. It's possible it was a fluke, but it was an expensive gamble on my part and a big disappointment.

I received my hatching eggs today. I ordered 12 of various Orpington eggs. 3 were canceled because of the birds weren't producing, so 9 was the final number I paid for. I received 12, 1 was broke, all others are intact and the insides look good. Nothing is loose, and there is no air cells which means the eggs are fresh. They shipped on Saturday evening and I retrieved them from the PO this morning.

The are slightly mislabeled as far as varieties, but I received all that I ordered plus extras, so I won't report the broken egg.

I will set them under my broody bantams and hopefully in 3 weeks I will have chicks. I will update than.

They were packed better this year than last. Last year the eggs were in a foam insert, this year they are in newspapers and individually bubble wrapped which in my experiences are a better way to pack them.

I received my hatching eggs today. I ordered 12 of various Orpington eggs. 3 were canceled because of the birds weren't producing, so 9 was the final number I paid for. I received 12, 1 was broke, all others are intact and the insides look good. Nothing is loose, and there is no air cells which means the eggs are fresh. They shipped on Saturday evening and I retrieved them from the PO this morning.

The are slightly mislabeled as far as varieties, but I received all that I ordered plus extras, so I won't report the broken egg.

I will set them under my broody bantams and hopefully in 3 weeks I will have chicks. I will update than.

They were packed better this year than last. Last year the eggs were in a foam insert, this year they are in newspapers and individually bubble wrapped which in my experiences are a better way to pack them.

Let me know how many hatch under your broodies

Let me know how many hatch under your broodies
Sure will.
1f600.png
I'm excited, they look very promising.

My Orpington eggs are all done hatching. I ordered 12, 3 of the Isabel weren't available so they credited me. So I paid for 9, they shipped 12, one was broke. I set 11 under my bantam hens and 4 hatched, 2 chocolate and 2 lemon cuckoo. Don't know if it was the eggs or my hens.

I have 6 barnevelder eggs from them too that will hopefully hatch next week. Hopefully I get something.

Looking at all the reviews. This is very helpful! I should be getting a shipment of peeping peepers the week of June 12th from MPC - woohoo! I will most definitely let my post office know about the box of chirping fluff balls and I guess we'll see if it turns out well!

Just got mine yesterday. Ordered 9 and everyone arrived perky and healthy. The Barnevelders I ordered had a bad hatch, so they called, texted and emailed me to see what I'd like to do as far as subs. As unfortunate as the bad hatch was, now I've got 2 Blue laced red Wyandottes :yesss:that weren't even on my radar bc they're hard to find available. My experience was great and will definitely be doing business with them again.

I got my box of chicks today. 2 were unfortunately DOA. The rest are doing great. I got my one barnevelder, sorry, as well as my two BLRW, as well as a bunch more for a total of 18 live chicks.

I got six from MPC (Easter Egger, Welsummer, Dominique, Appenzeller Spitzhauben, Sumatra, Fayoumi). They hatched May 8th and arrived at my post office in Texas on May 10th. MPC included a heat pack in the box. I was so nervous after all the stories I heard of chicks dying in the mail that when the post office called, I asked what the box sounded like. The USPS employee said: "Chirpy." All were healthy and everything went smoothly. All are still alive today. I suppose the only thing left is to see if they were all sexed correctly.

Back
Top Bottom