my pet chicken reviews

Pics
I can buy that about the chicks, but the customer service from MPC was what I was referring to...totally different than what elroddo went through. I lost a couple of chicks, got an immediate refund without having it come off a future order, and every email was answered promptly. They were very helpful from start to finish. That's the part that has me confused. Why they have such inconsistency in their customer service is hard to figure out! They'll get my repeat business, they won't get elroddo's - and you'd think that would matter to them.

This has been my experience with MPC as well, nothing but excellent customer service. When I order chicks from them I have them in my hands in less then 24 hours and I have not had losses. Calls and e-mails have always been returned promptly and customer service has been very courteous and helpful.

Shipping was more expensive than the others, but I ordered six female Easter Egger's in August for an arrival day on September 9, 2014.

Right on schedule came six (hopefully female) cute as buttons, Easter Egger's. I had trouble opening the box and tore a hole in the top. A chick popped out and the rest when I finally opened the box. It's only been nine days (as of this hour) and they have been extremely vibrant and chatty compared to my other, locally purchased poultry farmed EE's, which seemed to be less active, less attractive and turned out to be roo's. Crossing my fingers for females XX =)

These were my first chicks, that I purchased online. I'm a newbie at this and have yet to get an egg, but I am extremely happy with the process from my pet chicken.

I'm a bit nervous after reading some of these reviews. I ordered a mix of Silkies and D'Uccles back in September but on hatch day, MPC called to say the hatch had been bad and my chicks weren't available. They were very understanding and refunded my money but told me that no more bantams would be available until Spring.

So now I have chicks on order for the first week of April. I live in Las Vegas, so I'm worried about the distance my babies are coming. I only ordered my minimum so I don't have any room for error. I still have quite a while to wait, but I'm hoping for a happy ending.

I'm a bit nervous after reading some of these reviews. I ordered a mix of Silkies and D'Uccles back in September but on hatch day, MPC called to say the hatch had been bad and my chicks weren't available. They were very understanding and refunded my money but told me that no more bantams would be available until Spring.

So now I have chicks on order for the first week of April. I live in Las Vegas, so I'm worried about the distance my babies are coming. I only ordered my minimum so I don't have any room for error. I still have quite a while to wait, but I'm hoping for a happy ending.

How many chicks did your order? MPC ships small orders via Express Mail. I'm in central CA, I order 6 to 8 chicks at a time and I have them in my hands in less then 24 hours, closer to 18 hours. They fly in to the nearest major air port and come on truck to my city.

Having chicks shipped in the mail always come with some risks. Some hatcheries will put a few extra, but I don't think MPC does. Either way, I'd recommend ordering a few extras. It's highly likely you'll loose one somewhere along the way.

Generally, the closer the hatchery the better, however after a certain distance they're all about the same. You could look at Ideal Poultry; they have them available in early Feb and would avoid shipping though the cold northern states.

How many chicks did your order?  MPC ships small orders via Express Mail.  I'm in central CA, I order 6 to 8 chicks at a time and I have them in my hands in less then 24 hours, closer to 18 hours.  They fly in to the nearest major air port and come on truck to my city. 
That is great news. I only ordered 6, which was my minimum. I didn't know express mail would be that fast. It's gotta be better for the chickies.

Having chicks shipped in the mail always come with some risks.  Some hatcheries will put a few extra, but I don't think MPC does.  Either way, I'd recommend ordering a few extras.  It's highly likely you'll loose one somewhere along the way.

Generally, the closer the hatchery the better, however after a certain distance they're all about the same.  You could look at Ideal Poultry; they have them available in early Feb and would avoid shipping though the cold northern states.

Thank you
1f60a.png
I'm very new at this and appreciate any advice. Hadn't heard of Ideal before joining this forum. I'll look into them when I need more chicks or if MPC doesn't work out.

I wanted to write another review, because most reviews are pretty soon after dealing wih the company.

My flock from MPC will b turning two years old in June-and overall have been healthy, prolific birds who have flooded my area with offspring that people purchased. I have easter eggers, hampshires, sexlinks,barred rocks, opringtons, australorps, rhode island reds, and a Wyandotte from them and I could not be happier with my birds. So far, the only losses from my original flock, which I started in 2013 from MPC, has suffered a single loss (yesterday) of a barred rock, Hazel. She somehow managed to injure herself and was humanely euthanized. We haven't lost any MPC birds to illness.

My flock is moving a different direction now, with the addition of a few new breeds from closer hatcheries to save a few dollars-but if and when I need another large order of chicks I will be calling MPC again.

offspring from my MPC chickens

I wanted to write another review, because most reviews are pretty soon after dealing wih the company. My flock from MPC will b turning two years old in June-and overall have been healthy, prolific birds who have flooded my area with offspring that people purchased. I have easter eggers, hampshires, sexlinks,barred rocks, opringtons, australorps, rhode island reds, and a Wyandotte from them and I could not be happier with my birds. So far, the only losses from my original flock, which I started in 2013 from MPC, has suffered a single loss (yesterday) of a barred rock, Hazel. She somehow managed to injure herself and was humanely euthanized. We haven't lost any MPC birds to illness. My flock is moving a different direction now, with the addition of a few new breeds from closer hatcheries to save a few dollars-but if and when I need another large order of chicks I will be calling MPC again. offspring from my MPC chickens
They look great! Thank you for sharing! I guess I'm only worried because I ordered just my minimum 6 to ship and the majority are bantams. I'm hoping the make the trip well. I'll have to update in April when they come!

Back
Top Bottom