my pet chicken reviews

And all the shorted chick orders, including mine? Oh, and now the one surviving SLW from the final (shorted) ship is actually a ???? Hve to wait and see but now clearly not a SLW. It's a shame. You folks really are nice, but so were the deckhands on the Titanic.

The USPS truly does hold a large portion of the blame for frozen to death chicks in the first ship and the stressed literally to death in the second because of the ridiculous delays in transit but lets try to be more honest. The missing heat packs, the poor packaging, no grow gel in the crates and the missing chicks without warning the order would not be filled or offer of refund has nothing to do with the post office and everything to do with the shipper. I repeat you have a great company that fills a needed niche' but you need to gain control of your own ship or switch to a different hatchery/supplier. (or stop accepting orders beyond a certain mileage or north of a specific latitude).

Last edited:
Beautiful!  What a great "blended" family <3
Thank you.
1f601.png

Thank you he is a good boy. There are a few more roosters in the flock but he's top boy. My roosters will often feed the young ones too. He's a proud daddy.
1f601.png

Just wondering oldhen about how many chickens do you have & how many roosters in your flock? Do all the roosters get along? I have a flock of about 25 mixed breed chickens. Of that 25 we have a 16 week old EE rooster (supposed to be a pullet). Then I have a group of 7 welsummers- 7 weeks old- 3 of which are cockerels. I'm hoping they'll all get along but just wondered what you have & if they get along?

Just wondering oldhen about how many chickens do you have & how many roosters in your flock? Do all the roosters get along? I have a flock of about 25 mixed breed chickens. Of that 25 we have a 16 week old EE rooster (supposed to be a pullet). Then I have a group of 7 welsummers- 7 weeks old- 3 of which are cockerels. I'm hoping they'll all get along but just wondered what you have & if they get along?
I have two separate flocks that free range in the same area. My bantam flock has 3 roosters, and 10 adult hens and 5 chicks. The roosters have a hierarchy and certain roosters hang with certain hens.

My large breed flock has 31 hens and 5 roosters, 3 large and 2 cochin bantams. I also have the 25 chicks, of which 6 are roosters. I won't keep all of them. My large breed roosters have never fought, the two bantam with the large breed flock keep going at it occasionally but nothing serious. Any fighting is always the bantam. I also have 3 d'uccle roosters who have no hens and 3 cochin bantams that are separated out for now.

My birds are all free range with plenty of shed space so everyone can get away and spread out. All new roosters are raised in the flock and take their spots in the bottom of the rooster hierarchy. If they make too much troubles I will remove them and pen them up for a few months until they mature and calm down.

So you will just have to see how it goes, it could work or it could be trouble, you just never know.

Alright. Thanks for your input. My 7 week olds are still in a separate grow out pen so we'll see how things go as they all get older. I got a post from aart one day that said it might take up to a year to see how they'll all get along. Also don't want my hens getting stressed out if there's too many roosters running around!

Most roosters go through a terrible teenager stage, but if removed or at least put up with, they often become better, but like aart says it can take up to a year before their true nature can be judged.

Thank you so much for calling out @MyPetChicken !

I had the exact same thoughts.

How dare he (Alex) not take any responsibility for their company's actions and instead try to point the finger else where? Stuff happens, but let's be honest about it.

There is no excuse for lack of communication when chicks ship or what you ordered didn't make it into the shipment. It could even be an automated message

MPC got an A rating with BBB and I have hopes for my Monday reshipment.

What I wonder though is.... I ordered the # of chicks I thought might be safe inside the box. If it states now that they will be shipping from different locations, does that now mean there won't be the # of chicks keeping each other warm and maybe less jostled? Most other hatcheries include "extra" chicks, but I have not heard of MPC doing that. Seems like it might be cheaper than all the reshipment they have to do. But I'm sure they know their business model better than I do.

Anyways, here's for healthy chicks...
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom