my pet chicken reviews

For sure!
thumbsup.gif

Quick update.... As I was unpacking deceased chicks I noticed not one but many feces on the inside top of the box! That can only happen if the box is upside down.
rant.gif

We are happy with our current brood/ flock. It's a lot of fun to have a variety of breeds. I am learning more breeders in the area, for the future.

Those poor, poor babies. Nauseating.
somad.gif
I hope MPC follows up with the post office, follows the tracking trail and seeks retribution. There is no excuse.

For sure!
thumbsup.gif

Quick update.... As I was unpacking deceased chicks I noticed not one but many feces on the inside top of the box! That can only happen if the box is upside down.
rant.gif

We are happy with our current brood/ flock. It's a lot of fun to have a variety of breeds. I am learning more breeders in the area, for the future.

I will be honest, when I called USPS..and even talked to a supervisor when my shipment was two days late..they did not care. Which is really surprising, we are not talking about a letter we are talking about LIVE ANIMALS!! In a country where we are a "save the trees, kill the children philosophy" I am really surprised..wait..maybe not surprised
hu.gif
he.gif

I will be honest, when I called USPS..and even talked to a supervisor when my shipment was two days late..they did not care. Which is really surprising, we are not talking about a letter we are talking about LIVE ANIMALS!! In a country where we are a "save the trees, kill the children philosophy" I am really surprised..wait..maybe not surprised :confused: :he  
Most problems in my opinion are from the post office and as you said their lack of care. I ordered eggs from MPC, they were here in two days, I order chicks, live animals, it takes 3-4 days to go the same distance. The only difference is I paid more for shipping the chicks. I dunno? If they were treated like the priority that they are and that I pay for they would travel quicker. The problem I think lies in all the hands they pass through and all the mistakes each one can make.

Most problems in my opinion are from the post office and as you said their lack of care. I ordered eggs from MPC, they were here in two days, I order chicks, live animals, it takes 3-4 days to go the same distance. The only difference is I paid more for shipping the chicks. I dunno? If they were treated like the priority that they are and that I pay for they would travel quicker. The problem I think lies in all the hands they pass through and all the mistakes each one can make.

Yes, I agree
hmm.png

Unfortunately the post office is about the only one that ships live birds any more. Fed Ex and UPS don't. And now the post office instead of shipping the most direct route is using a series of hubs were the packages meet up and are shipped from these, which isn't as quick. My first shipment from MPC came directly through and we had them within 24 hours, all alive and healthy. So we bought more the following year (two years ago) after they went to the hub system. The birds must have flown directly over us and landed in Philadelphia, which was the hub, where they were "lost" for two days (despite numerous phone calls) It took us four days to get them and over a quarter of the shipment were DOA. I haven't had the heart to order live babies since although there are some breeds I would love to have or add.
sad.png

There was talk a few years ago that the post office didn't want to do live chick shipments anymore, but than nothing came of it. I would hate to have that access cut off. I have bought from breeders before and haven't been impressed. My hatchery birds are healthier and more productive and have never had Mareks like other sources had.

Back
Top Bottom