My Pet Chicken

I ordered twice from mypetchicken.com for baby chicks. All went well with those two orders.
I ordered fertile hatching eggs twice. Th first time, no eggs hatched. The second time, 2 out of 6 hatched. I candled the eggs and report to mypetchicken.com that 4 were not viable. They did not care. No compensation. I would avoid them.

Wow! A thread dedicated to MPC experiences!

Here's mine. I ordered from a May 11, 2015 hatch, six pullets. All were breeds that are visually sex determinant. What could go wrong?

Well, two died within a week of arrival and two more ended up being cockerels. That's a pretty bad error percentage for breeds that all but have a sign on them, boy, girl. This was also my first experience with chicks dying on me during the first week.

I'm reluctant to order from MPC again.

I am sorry to hear that you have had disappointing experiences with our hatching eggs previously. As of the 2015 season, we have severed ties with our previous supplier and are now offering eggs from two new, outstanding farms.

These farms are focusing on in demand breeds. Our customers are very happy and our hatching rates are excellent. The breeding farms focus on hardiness, egg size, and meeting breed standards. Our Black Copper eggs are dark brown, our Cream Legbar eggs are bright blue, and our Ameraucanas are 100% real Ameraucanas.

As a fellow Hatch-a-holic I understand the risks and have shared your joys and pains of ordering hatching eggs and having them shipped. Like many of you, I have had 0/12 hatch many times.

As a way to "introduce" our new breeders, I would like to offer ANY BYC member a 10% off discount for any of our Hatching Eggs . Please simply call in and allow our phone peeps to help you place your order and 10% of the purchase price (before shipping and taxes) will be discounted from your purchase.

You can reach us (with patience) toll-free at 888-460-1529, between the hours of 10A. and 6P, Monday through Friday EST.

This offer will only be active through November 15th, 2015.

Alex

My Pet Chicken

Just for the record, my replacement order from MPC also included an unwanted cockerel out of the three chicks.

Customer service is excellent at MPC, but as you move west to their supplier farms and Meyer Hatchery, it seems their operation is compromised. At least the staff that does the sexing appears to possess no aptitude whatsoever.

The people at customer service are wonderful, but I won't be taking any more chances on MPC.

I just got 15 healthy babies from them. It was a fall order and so there were not many to choose from. So I asked for four Delaware hens, one Delaware roo, and ten assorted brown layers. I am currently trying to figure out what I got. They are starting to feather out and I'm pretty sure I got a partridge rocks, a barred rocks and the rest?? My biggest concern tho, is my little girl... she is smaller than everyone and I thought she was a welsummer from her day old markings. But she didn't have the V On her head, it is more of a dotted line. I think she may be a Cornish as her feathers are coming in. But that is a meat bird?? What do you all think, what else could she be?

I just got 15 healthy babies from them. It was a fall order and so there were not many to choose from. So I asked for four Delaware hens, one Delaware roo, and ten assorted brown layers. I am currently trying to figure out what I got. They are starting to feather out and I'm pretty sure I got a partridge rocks, a barred rocks and the rest?? My biggest concern tho, is my little girl... she is smaller than everyone and I thought she was a welsummer from her day old markings. But she didn't have the V On her head, it is more of a dotted line. I think she may be a Cornish as her feathers are coming in. But that is a meat bird?? What do you all think, what else could she be?
If you want to post pictures, I'm happy to help you ID your birds.

Alex
My Pet Chicken

My phone won't let me upload... very frustrating. But thank you for offering... maybe if folks suggest breeds that look similar to the Cornish? I definitely have five Delaware, one that looks like she will be all white, and five that are light orange, subtle stripes and light colored wings coming out now. This is fun!

I recently placed an order for 13 Barred Rocks. They were to be delivered on October 19. Yesterday I got on their site and saw the same chicks would be available a week earlier.(October 13). I called and spoke with Judy who was very pleasant and helpful. She not only changed the shipping date for me(without a change fee as outlined in thier policy)
Then Judy was able to save me on shipping charges and stated I could get 2 more chicks with savings. Which I did.
I hope shipping and receiving go as well. I think with the kind of customer service I already received, they will. I'll let you know once they arrive.

This morning we got our MPC order of 10 babies and everyone looks great so far, eating, drinking and bustling about! The breeds I was interested all lined up for a date that worked well.

The only hiccup, NOT a MPC issue, was when the USPS express mail shipping tracker information showed "departed Cleveland" for 24 hours with no further scans. The local post office was great about keeping me informed after I brought it to their attention, and called me right when they came off the truck at 4AM so I could attend to them at the earliest possible time.

I had the same issue last week with my delivery of 15 chicks. It wasn't MPC fault but mine showed having left Cleveland and no more updates until they arrived at my local post office. I thought it was strange.
I wonder why this is happening with live animal shipments. Mine also went to another post office a half hour away, who called me and offered to let me pick them up there. I did get a text from the USPS telling me they had been delivered after I got home. Strange

Back
Top Bottom