My predicament

Can you post pictures of the ducks? Hatcheries make mistakes. And ducks can be hard to sex at this age. Do they both quack? Or does one sound raspy? I would take the calcium out, where is plenty in there feed. They don't need any added intill they lay. I would add brewers yeast, which if they where lacking can cause leg problems.
Oh yes so busy trying to figure out the other completely slipped about the calcium, thanks for catching that. And yes pics of ducklings and leg and foot of one that was injured please.

I can. I don't think one quacks different than the other... And also I have been taking care of her eyes with proper eye drops for birds and washing them out with warm water

None of these pictures are great. But I cannot take pictures of them right now because they are currently at the bird sanctuary being taken care of

Keep them separate for now. Ducks can display completely unfathomable behavior. Introducing other ducks may or may not help. She may be possessive of you. You could consider splitting their area in two to they are side by side but separated. Management challenge but it may give you all some time to work it out.

I can. I don't think one quacks different than the other... And also I have been taking care of her eyes with proper eye drops for birds and washing them out with warm water

None of these pictures are great. But I cannot take pictures of them right now because they are currently at the bird sanctuary being taken care of
They sure are pretty, so you have already given them to the bird sanctuary?

I have not given them to the bird sanctuary permanently. The person who runs the place is a friend of ours so doesn't charge us to help my ducks. So she is kind of like our duck vet. They are there right now so the one who got pecked in the eyes can get treatment and help. The so called aggressive one is there because she is very social and I was worried that she would be lonely without her sister

I have not given them to the bird sanctuary permanently. The person who runs the place is a friend of ours so doesn't charge us to help my ducks. So she is kind of like our duck vet. They are there right now so the one who got pecked in the eyes can get treatment and help. The so called aggressive one is there because she is very social and I was worried that she would be lonely without her sister
Oh good, well keep us updated on how it's going. Happy to hear you have someone to help.

If I were to split their coop in half, I would be able to keep them both. Do you guys have any ideas on how I would go about doing that? I can starch pictures if needed.

I think I would either staple, nail, or install some sort of hook and eye system attaching to some poultry fence (like the kind ML gets at Lowe's) or the metal kind from TSC, and then install whatever hardware you're using right there to the 2x4 that i see in the pic behind your right elbow. Does that make sense?
You might only need temporary. Your ducks don't look all that bad to me.

I think I would either staple, nail, or install some sort of hook and eye system attaching to some poultry fence (like the kind ML gets at Lowe's) or the metal kind from TSC, and then install whatever hardware you're using right there to the 2x4 that i see in the pic behind your right elbow. Does that make sense?
You might only need temporary. Your ducks don't look all that bad to me.
I like the plastic poultry fencing because it is so much easier to work with especially for temporary. When I had to separate my gander from my goose till they got use to one another I used the large cup hooks screwed them into the wall put up the fence and attached the other side with cup hooks. very easy to take down for cleaning too. outside I used the fiberglass fence posts they just push into the ground attached the fence with tie wraps works great.

Last edited:
Yes that makes sense to me. I agree that it might only have to be a temporary thing. I want them to mature more until I make a bigger decision...

Back
Top Bottom