My Rabbit Journey~New Pics pg 17

Quote:
bun.gif
thumbsup.gif
bun.gif

Pictures!!!!

I am culling both my NZ doe and my Satin buck out of my breeding program. They will make up my first couple meals of rabbit meat. I am disappointed that I have to do this, but, it is my journey through this, so I will live and learn. I am picking up two new breeding bunnies today. One California doe bred to a Cali buck, the litter will be registerable. I am also picking up a Black NZ buck. Both of these new rabbits are a year old now, the doe is a proven mother. I am excited. Now I will have two bred does!! Pics will ensue...when I get to it LOL
big_smile.png

Quote:
Please inform us when you decide to cook them and show some photos of what you do
smile.png
I just got a bunny, new zealand and california mix I think, and she was just bred yesterday so we'll see what happens! Never had bunny before, so this is gonna be interesting.

Can you post or PM me info on breeders too? I'm also in western WA and I'm interested in starting some meat rabbits.

Both rabbits I will be butchering are in an exercise pen today with fresh hay and water. I am going to butcher this evening when I can go to a friends house to do this.....I have to use a .22 and cannot discharge a weapon where I live. I plan on getting a high powered pellet gun to do the deed later. I will take pics and post them. This will be my very first time butchering a mammal....yikes I am kinda nervous. I might take a vid or two as well, for educational purposes. Then you all can tell me I did it all wrong LOL

Really though, on a serious note I have watched many many vids of this and read everything I could. So I do feel prepared to make these bunnies last moments as stress free as possible.

Rabbits are one of, if not the, easiest animal to butcher IMO. Youll do fine. Also, FYI, you dont need a .22 or any firearm to humanely dispatch a rabbit. One quick rap to the back of the head with a rod or even the blade of your hand will seperate the base of the skull from the neck/spinal cord resulting in an instant death with no blod or mess.

Back
Top Bottom