My rescue chick from TSC *Pics Added!*

which one did you go to? the one in tomball has red sex links, and if thats the breed then its a boy. the boys are white and the girls are light brown. Good job grabbing that chick, glad to see someone has a heart! they didn't make you buy six?

Quote:
She (he ?) is actually darker than the photo shows. I can't use my Macro setting if I want to use the built in filter feature.
roll.png
It looks dang near the same as my Golden Sex Links except for the 2 darker brown stripes down it's back.
They didn't make me buy 6. They figured that she was a goner anyways so they just gave her to me.
I live in Spring Branch and that's the TSC that I go to. Where is Tomball?

We need more people in the world like you
smile.png
My mom works at TSC and always takes care of the birds that are "disabled" They are getting chicks in this week and i have a feeling if any come up "disabled" i will end up with them.
cool.png

Awww! How cool is that! Thats uber cool that they gave her to you! And uber cool that your son saw that! You're Backyard Chicken Heros! Congrats!

I went to our local TSC last week and looked at their chick bin...... it was nearly empty and the few that they had left didn't look healthy at all. Could it have been because there was absolutely NO FOOD or WATER in any of the brooders? everything was empty and they were panting really bad. I took the waterers out and went to the restroom to fill them. I told an employee that they needed food and he said he would get it.... "later". GGGRRRRRR! Well, Then I went to look at the rabbits and it was WORSE!!! The bunnies were listless and very scrawny looking. They appeared to be panting heavily as well even though their water jugs were full of very dark yellowish liquid. Now, I have rabbits, and I have used vitamin supplements and antibiotics in the water and it was OBVIOUS by the DARK yellow color of the water that someone used WAY TOO MUCH powder when they mixed it. I checked the bottles and they were stopped up with the thick powder that didn't get mixed well, so they rabbits couldn't drink. IT WAS PITIFUL! At this point I told the manager on duty that the condition of these animals was considered cruelty and that they had a responsibility to take care of them. I would be back to check from time to time and the next time I see them in that condition in obvious need of food and water that I would be contacting the humane society. So far so good

Back
Top Bottom