My roo has a crush on me!

azygous

Addict
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Dec 11, 2009
Colorado Rockies
After over a year of challenging me, flogging me, and me flogging him back, my two-year old SLW rooster Stan has suddenly decided he loves me!

I'll be doing some chore or other and there at my feet will be Stan, gazing coyly up at me. Lately, there's been no side-step dance of belligerence. When I reach down to pick him up, he snuggles into me and coos.

The only coinciding change is that two cockerels have begun to bunk with him in his section of the coop and share his pen during the day. They get plenty of hugs and cuddles, so maybe he's just wanting his share.

But it's sure a welcome change from the sparing I've had to go through this entire past year to tame him. Sometimes after his initial flogging me, I'd slap him, swat him, boot him, grab him and hold him upside down pinned to the ground, and two or three days later we'd be going through the whole thing all over again. It's been exhausting.

But now it appears he's tame AND he loves me! Will this last? Has anyone had a roo go through such a personality change?

Well you are lucky!! Mine still flogs me everyday so now I have some hope that he might love me. LOL!!!

the only ones t hat flogged me were 2 RIR roosters we had, got rid of them. we happen to have a lot of roosters now after buying tractor supply straight run and they're all cool except the black copper marans we bought, they pick on other roosters. our white jersey giant keeps the whole yard in check though, no-one dares challenge my dear Foghorn
smile.png

The only one of my roos that flogged me was our brahma yea the so called gentle giant lol, but he's in the freezer now. How do you manage to keep so many roosters? Ours start fighting and gang raping our girls so it's butcher time again. We have 2 very sweet roo's now.

Back
Top Bottom