My rooster wont crow!!

LUCKY! I had a cute, sweet silkie roo that barely crowed, but he crowed just enough in my neighborhood. I had to give him away.
sad.png

I have a blue silkie rooster that are 6 month old now, he doesn't crow at all, his father quiet too..

I have 9 roosters and 25 or more hens, they are bantams I only have one standard hen..
Only 5 of my roosters do crowing and 4 don't.

I hope my next does not crow.I gave an awesome nice roo away due to crowing.He deserved a place where he could crow all day.I still miss him.

You know it could also be their personality....I had a pet rooster (not sure if i mentioned it before) and he never crowed...he was really tame and he would sometimes stay when held... However he only started to crow maybe when he got almost a year old. But still even then he didn't always crow thought. It was an occasional thing for him. I thought maybe because I raised him as a chick and he didn't really have a mother hen looking after him, that that was why he didn't crow. lol...yeah but not the case...he was just very docile. I suppose that is the reason...hard to say...

It's like complaining about being too rich or too thin!

We hatched five chicks and got (I think...) four boys-- it's cacophony at dawn around here.

I think baby roos-to-be have heard the scary camp stories about what happens when people discovered they have a rooster. You'd grow up as a stealth rooster too, if you knew you could get axed, frozen, barbequed or fed to snakes just because you uttered a crow.

Mine didnt start crowing till he was 9 months and now he crows anytime of day or early morning even in their house

My Phoenix Rooster crows at around noon daily but other than that he is very quiet

I have 13 chickens (this is my first flock) I still assume I have all hens, BUT I also have fertilized eggs... Without a doubt... We think we have the Roo is disguise singled out, but at 8 months old we have NEVER heard a crow, I thought about 4 months ago I heard a "practice" crow from him, but never anything again!!! Kinda makes me sad, I bought 13 straight run chicks at the feed store, just praying to hear that beautiful Cock-A-Doodle-Do!!!!

Back
Top Bottom