My son just brought me over 5 black Jersey Giant chicks

Ken H

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
I have been looking for a couple of Jersey Giants for a year or so now. I had zero warning (father's day present) and my brooder is already in use with with some 10 week old ISA Browns, Eee gads!!! I built another brooder quick time. These new chicks are really cute but I hope they are all hens. Here's a picture of the little darlings.

32069_giantsclose.jpg

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing.....but either way....Congrats..you got a wonderful gift. and besides, you will need a rooster to keep the eggs pure (thinking they will be seperated) and then you can sell us your eggs or baby chickes next year..

Jersey Giant hens average 8-12 lbs. Roosters are bigger. If casterated (made into a capon) the birds can reach 20 lbs.

Last edited:
What a great Son!!! I have Jersey Giants, and just adore them! Gentle, not neurotic, excellent layers, ... oo are you in for some fun! Congratulations, and happy Father's Day!!

Congrats on you BJGs!!!

I have a WJG that we picked up as a mystery chick when we got our flock of 10. She is the running fav at my house. Even above the 2 Buff Orpingtons!!
Your son does give great gifts!

Back
Top Bottom