My turkey knows how to swim??

queenturkeygirl

Songster
13 Years
Jul 28, 2010
usa
i was at my granddaddy’s house & my mama was digging up some of the land near the bank of our lake. she asked me to go get some tires. so my lil sis was down the hill catching all the tires slid down it. my turkey was down there. so my sister spooked my turkey & he flew in the lake. i nearly had a heartattack
ep.gif
,i run down the hill ready to jump in freezing water to save him when i realized he was swimming!
ya.gif
ok i knew turkeys could swim, but i didn’t know he knew how! his head was red & his snood was all short he was scared. i gave him popcorn & loved him up
love.gif

That's so cute!

Last summer I was weeding the garden and my son's pool is near that area. He was just a swimming and playing and it was a really hot day. All of a sudden he goes "Mom did you know turkeys can swim!" Sure enough the turkeys were jumping up onto the edge and diving in. Some went right under the water. They had a great time, but I had to drain and clean the pool afterwards and that takes like three days to accomplish. Thankfully they didn't tear the pool.

Back
Top Bottom