My Turkey Stopped Laying

mybabies

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 30, 2013
Crawfordsville, IN
I have a very friendly all white turkey hen that started laying some of the best eggs I have ever had about 2-3 months ago. She was only giving us one egg about every other day or every 3rd day. All of a sudden she hasnt laid a egg in about 7-8 days. Is this normal or is it about time for turkey and noodles?? She was supposed to be for Thanksgiving dinner but started laying eggs and I just didnt have the heart to do it. Thank you for any advise.​

My turkey takes breaks to is your turkey molting? My turkey was suppose to be thanksgiving dinner to but she became so friendly lol

Yes, it's normal. Turkeys don't lay all year, only for about 2 to 3 months, around 75 - 100 eggs a year. If it's her first year laying, you won't get as many. Ours started laying around the first of December and have laid pretty steadily for 2 months now but are starting to taper off. One of girls is two years old and the other two are just in their first year still.

I think so. Our turkey girl sits on the ground when we go outside to pet her. She reminds us of a dog just begging for lovin. She is just toooooo darn cute. And now that I know that turkeys dont lay all year round she just might have been saved from dinner a second time. lol. Do you sell yours eggs?? If so how much do you sell them for or if you know someone that does do you know a price per dozen??

Thank you thank you thank you.....
wee.gif

She will not be dinner once again!!!

I think so. Our turkey girl sits on the ground when we go outside to pet her. She reminds us of a dog just begging for lovin. She is just toooooo darn cute. And now that I know that turkeys dont lay all year round she just might have been saved from dinner a second time. lol. Do you sell yours eggs?? If so how much do you sell them for or if you know someone that does do you know a price per dozen??

Are you sure shes sitting not bowing to be mated? Lol

my turkey used to do the sitting thing to we just thought she wanted to be pet like a dog till we got a tom.. guess what!!! lol she wont let us pet her any more!!

I have a very friendly all white turkey hen that started laying some of the best eggs I have ever had about 2-3 months ago. She was only giving us one egg about every other day or every 3rd day. All of a sudden she hasnt laid a egg in about 7-8 days. Is this normal or is it about time for turkey and noodles?? She was supposed to be for Thanksgiving dinner but started laying eggs and I just didnt have the heart to do it. Thank you for any advise.​
i have cute brown and white turkeys and they have not laid a single egg for about 2 to 3 months

Back
Top Bottom