My turn my turn! Is she a roo?? (EE)

ok so I ran outside and tried to get some feather close ups. these were the clearest images out of the bunch.

Wing/Neck

back, i can see some of those reddish/brown spots.

however those spots are not obvious from any sort of distance

ok so I ran outside and tried to get some feather close ups. these were the clearest images out of the bunch.

Wing/Neck

Wing/Neck

And I'm thinking WOW, she's eager to post those close ups!

As to that red...........meh. I'm not thinking cockeral yet, it's just not the right look. Not saying it couldn't develop later, but she's looking girly to me.

sickbyc.gif
yeeeaahh sorry about that heh heh.

Well I have to say I am feeling a bit relieved! I have a small flock (only 5 hens) and I was so exited to have green or blue eggs! I will continue to stare at her until she crows.

***UPDATE***

"RUE" IS A ROO! He really is a sweet boy, he is super friendly and hops up on my shoulder. He just starting sowing his wild oats, jumping on little poppet, attempting to battle with his feet, and generally being the lookout in the flock.

Thank you so much for posting follow-up pics. He's quite the looker, isn't he! I have two homehatched birds that are similar colored and both are getting the reddish flecks--I just know they're both little roosters!

Back
Top Bottom