My very first peachick *pic*

SunBaked

Songster
8 Years
Apr 25, 2011
Southwest
So my first little peachick finally hatched!!! He is doing good, alert and loud. Little bit of a crooked foot, hoping it straightens out. I had to go get him his own little day old chicken to keep him company. Didn't want the poor little thing to be lonely. No name yet, letting DH name this one. (I'm calling it a him hoping it is
fl.gif
)

88718_102_1991.jpg

Him and his very own chicken while waiting for me to warm their towel in the dryer.
88718_102_1992.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new addition. I had three eggs setting under a chicken hen that were due to hatch on Tuesday night. When I went to collect eggs this afternoon, I was greeted by a tiny little head peaking out from under the hen. It took me a little off guard. I was planning on her hatching in three or four days. I guess the peachicks did not have a calendar under the hen. I went out and checked on her this evening and one of the other ones has started pipping. I hope that my little peachick will have a brother or sister in the morning.

I have no experience raising peachicks. I have hatched and raised hundreds of chicks, but never peachicks. I have read and researched, but doing it is something else. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Ernie Haire
Arp, Texas

Thank you guys
smile.png
. He is doing good and his feet are looking normal. He's asleep right here with his chicken, all wrapped up and warm.

Quote:
Congrats Ernie on your early arrival
smile.png
! Hope the others hatch out okay too. I am new to peas also, everyone here has been great answering questions and giving advice. I'm learning alot from this forum. Can't wait to see pictures of your new babies.

I just came in from the chicken pen. The third of my three peafowl eggs just hatched. The little chicken hen, a Black Copper Marans, had a confused look on her face. She looked as confused as I did yesterday when they started hatching four days early. Three peachicks out of three eggs, who could ask for more? I really had my doubts about them hatching at all. Now, I have to get them started and get a pen built for Peafowl. I guess I should have been working on that the last 25 days. Oh well, nothing like getting the cart before the horse around here.

Ernie Haire
Arp, Texas

Back
Top Bottom