My Warranty Expired Today

Seriously though; how many times have you signed your name without thinking about it?

I learned not to do that at age 18 when I was in Boot Camp. A young JAG (Office of the Judge Advocate General) officer taught a class in which he explained all about the oath we had all taken when we enlisted. It was pretty much self-explanatory until he reached this part:

Quote:
He said, "That is not quite true. There is one order that we may not give you, and if anyone ever does you may refuse to obey. Can anyone guess what that order is?"

Well, of course we had no idea, and after a few moments of silence he continued, "NO ONE may order or coerce you to sign your name, ever! You may be ordered to take your own life, and that order you must obey, but no one may force you in any way to sign your name. If you learn nothing else from this class take that lesson with you throughout your life."

He than paused for a considerable period of time to let that soak in.

I've been adding to my initial list of things I've learned since my original post. I thought this one important enough to post immediately.
smile.png

Quote:
To my knowledge you can aviod taxes (and risk jail time ask Al Capone) but everyone to my knowledge has died but 2 people if you believe the Bible is true (Enock and Elijah) so it seams that those 2 jobs are ones with some sustainability....

No the Government is going to make the tax codes so a 6 year old can do your taxes, and GMO foods will have everyone living forever.

Quote:
To my knowledge you can aviod taxes (and risk jail time ask Al Capone) but everyone to my knowledge has died but 2 people if you believe the Bible is true (Enock and Elijah) so it seams that those 2 jobs are ones with some sustainability....

No the Government is going to make the tax codes so a 6 year old can do your taxes, and GMO foods will have everyone living forever.

If I believe that do you have ocean front property in Arizona to sell me, I prefer the front door facing the Pacific, and the door to open to the Gulf of Mexico.....

Quote:

If I believe that do you have ocean front property in Arizona to sell me, I prefer the front door facing the Pacific, and the door to open to the Gulf of Mexico.....

No problem just send your deposit check.

Quote: There was an income tax return back in the '60's that a six year old could have done easily.I have been unable to find a picture of one, but I remember them clearly. They were about the size and even looked like a post card. If I recall correctly you filled in your name, address, social security number, occupation, number of dependents and total income. You than looked up your tax on a chart and filled that in. Signed it and you were done.

Someone once suggested an even simpler one, but it was never used:

Quote:
roll.png

It was Will Rogers who said, "Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."

Quote:

I'll pay in cash 3's 9's and 12's Bill, Hillary, and Barrack are one the fronts of the bills, in this bill we trust not written above their photos and on the back it's printed IOU, thank you, China.

Quote:

I'll pay in cash 3's 9's and 12's Bill, Hillary, and Barrack are one the fronts of the bills, in this bill we trust not written above their photos and on the back it's printed IOU, thank you, China.

I'd rather have Monopoly money if you have some.

Back
Top Bottom