Mycoplazma treatment

Khaled

In the Brooder
Sep 19, 2017
Kuwait
Hi there ..

I'm looking for the best medication for mycoplazma disease,if any one know about best medication please let me know.

Best Regards

Khaled

If you're sure you've got mycoplasma, then tetracycline is your best bet if it's your first battle with it. The thing with myco is that it's almost impossible to eliminate once you've got it in your flock as it is generally asymptomatic until a chicken gets injured or stressed from something else - then it can rear its ugly head as CRD and other respiratory/egg-laying issues. It's also easily passed between birds with access to the same areas. So you can knock it down, but without an all in/all out approach where all birds are pretty much quarantined from contact with the outdoors, it's still going to be present.

Many antibiotics can treat symptoms of mycoplasma, but it can be complicated by air sacculitis, a secondary infection many times from E.coli, that can spread throughout the body. Chickens will remain carriers for life with the possibility of the disease rerurning during periods of stress. Tylan (tylosin,) denagard (tiamulin,) oxytetracylcine, and other drugs may be prescribed. The egg with drawal time depends on which one is used. Drugs like Baytril or Clavamox may be used to treat secondary infections, and with some, you should not eat the eggs.

If you're sure you've got mycoplasma, then tetracycline is your best bet if it's your first battle with it. The thing with myco is that it's almost impossible to eliminate once you've got it in your flock as it is generally asymptomatic until a chicken gets injured or stressed from something else - then it can rear its ugly head as CRD and other respiratory/egg-laying issues. It's also easily passed between birds with access to the same areas. So you can knock it down, but without an all in/all out approach where all birds are pretty much quarantined from contact with the outdoors, it's still going to be present.
Many thanks for your useful information..I'm very sad :(

Many antibiotics can treat symptoms of mycoplasma, but it can be complicated by air sacculitis, a secondary infection many times from E.coli, that can spread throughout the body. Chickens will remain carriers for life with the possibility of the disease rerurning during periods of stress. Tylan (tylosin,) denagard (tiamulin,) oxytetracylcine, and other drugs may be prescribed. The egg with drawal time depends on which one is used. Drugs like Baytril or Clavamox may be used to treat secondary infections, and with some, you should not eat the eggs.
Many thanks for your useful information..I use many medications with tylosin,amoxicillin,tetracycline, like " gambazin " and until now some of them sniffing

Back
Top Bottom