Mystery chick breed?

mcclucker

Songster
Jul 2, 2016
VT
My Coop
My Coop
This little one hatched yesterday from a mystery egg added to my shipped egg order. The egg was a greenish blue, which means at least mom has blue genes. This chick has pink legs, is a light brown chipmunk type pattern. Any guesses? I’ll post follow up pics as it grows. I feel like it might have some cream legbar in it as I did get two of those from this breeder. It may have mixed genes though. I thought at first it would be an easter egger but the legs are quite pink...

It has been named Coconut by my daughter, btw :)
Egg marked “mys” on top
3B3F952D-ED78-42FA-BA3D-1DA9C877AC3C.jpeg 284959BE-1C82-4C98-BC25-E5CB400B26EC.jpeg

I am guessing you have an EE.
Easter Eggers do not have a set standard to follow, therefore, pink legs can also be found for Easter Eggers.
EE's are just a mutt/cross (a cross between ameracauna or aracauna with another chicken breed), they do not have necessarily anything to follow. There are the common features out there (greenish leg/bluish leg/peacomb, etc to name a few), but they don't make it a standard to -only- look for. In other words, you may as well have an EE just because of the egg shell color that chick came out of. Leg color is not a determining factor. Please post pics!!! I bet they are all going to be beautiful. :love

It's probably an EE. It has Ameraucana in it, you can tell by the beard and it coming from a blue green egg. It'll probably make you a right fine bird.

Pics as requested. The two cream legbars also hatched yesterday. Thinking one roo (the white spot) and one pullet. The roo is throwing me off bc the rest of the coloring is so dark! He came from a much darker colored egg so must be a different breed line. They came from mypetchicken so I don’t know which breeder. I’m looking for good egg laying pets not necessarily show chickens ;) the two ameraucanas have pipped and will probably hatch tonight ;)
FA717767-9599-4D62-ACAA-6F6FF08D42D1.jpeg

The EE is quite a silly chick. Always trying to hide under the others even though it’s a lot bigger. Kind of a spaz actually ;) we do love EEs, and just lost our 3 to a weasel (plus 9 others :( ) so glad to have a new one.

Back
Top Bottom