Mystery chick

Can anyone indentity her breed?

this is Miss Pib we got her from rural king. She was mix in a bin with a few other breeds and guineas. If anyone can help indentity her breed that would awesome. I'm thinking she is a partridge rock but I'm not sure I don't think that was on the breed selection guide in the store. I would love to no what you guys think. WHAT BREED IS SHE? :)

She looks a lot like a Partridge Rock. Maybe Rural King got her on mistake? Whatever she is though she is adorable! Good luck!
henny1129

She looks a lot like a Partridge Rock. Maybe Rural King got her on mistake? Whatever she is though she is adorable! Good luck!
henny1129
Thanks, there were more than one that looked like her but of course the dude working there picked her up and gave her to us because we told him we wanted the aranucana beside her and he just got her because there were many people waiting. I kinda wanted her to be a aranucana thou :( I love the blue eggs

We recently purchased some chicks from McMurray hatchery, along with the ones I ordered we also got 6 leghorns and a mystery bonus fancy breed chick.
He/her looks like a cochin but the colouring is different from the other 2 cochins (they are white)

Any ideas ???

If this is the exotic chick from MMM, it's probably a Dominique, not a Rock. I can't see the comb in the pic, but if it's a rose comb then you have a Dominique. and I'm getting a good roo-vibe from it.

Thanks, there were more than one that looked like her but of course the dude working there picked her up and gave her to us because we told him we wanted the aranucana beside her and he just got her because there were many people waiting. I kinda wanted her to be a aranucana thou :( I love the blue eggs

We were told that some Easter Eggers we got were Araucanas. Disappointing, but they are really sweet and at least we still get colored eggs.

We were told that some Easter Eggers we got were Araucanas. Disappointing, but they are really sweet and at least we still get colored eggs.
easter eggers are like the same thing as aranucana. Its just another name for them in pretty sure. Most stores miss label them as aranucanas or easter eggers but they are both really nice and lay colorful eggs! :)

From what I've read about chicken breeds, Araucanas aren't Easter Eggers. True Araucanas lay only blue eggs and are rumpless ( unless you're talking about the British tailed Araucanas). It seems like Easter Eggers come from a cross between either Araucanas or Ameraucanas and another breed to produce birds that will lay many different colored eggs, like green, pink, sometimes blue and even brown.
I'm not an expert, but that's what I've been reading about them.

From what I've read about chicken breeds, Araucanas aren't Easter Eggers. True Araucanas lay only blue eggs and are rumpless ( unless you're talking about the British tailed Araucanas). It seems like Easter Eggers come from a cross between either Araucanas or Ameraucanas and another breed to produce birds that will lay many different colored eggs, like green, pink, sometimes blue and even brown.
I'm not an expert, but that's what I've been reading about them.
yes that is true that's what I meant by most stores miss label them as the opposite of each other and that and they are like each other sorry I didn't really explained that but yes I meant to say what you said lol :) sorry

Back
Top Bottom