Cheepwizard

Chirping
Jun 13, 2022
Hello! So I did the thing I bought the optional mystery chick from the hatchery I ordered my chicks from. I bought 7 beilefelders and 1 mystery and the poor thing is definitely pretty different.
I got my chicks from Murray McMurray hatchery, they were delivered April 18th of this year so they are about 8 weeks old at this point.
Luckily it being a fuzzy footed breed the options from the hatchery are more limited than the clean leg. I can list all the feather foot options if that would be more helpful but since a few are pure white breeds or like silkies with the head feathers I eliminated those options.
.black cochin
.black langshan
.blue cochin
.blue Cochin bantam
. Dark brahmas
.french black copper marans
.gold laced Cochin bantam
.partridge Cochin bantam
.partridge Cochin

If anyone could please help me figure out what this little one is I would really appreciate it, I’m hoping it’s some kind of hen with a large comb but I have a sneaking suspicion it’s a little roo. I even added a picture from when I first got him in case that helps any

Attachments

• 6A09CE53-3162-4D2A-895F-8C7479F4AA87.jpeg
    6A09CE53-3162-4D2A-895F-8C7479F4AA87.jpeg
    528.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 7C3672E6-E011-4016-B98A-D7FBE521801D.jpeg
    7C3672E6-E011-4016-B98A-D7FBE521801D.jpeg
    533.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 35778408-7533-479C-A1A2-21DA117DE30D.jpeg
    35778408-7533-479C-A1A2-21DA117DE30D.jpeg
    518.9 KB · Views: 42
I am no expert at Id so this is just my thought, the cute little baby looks like my Jersey Giant chicks did they are now 14 weeks and I agree with you I suspect a Roo also I will be interested at what more knowledgeable people here think the breed is

I am no expert at Id so this is just my thought, the cute little baby looks like my Jersey Giant chicks did they are now 14 weeks and I agree with you I suspect a Roo also I will be interested at what more knowledgeable people here think the breed is

Oh wow, I looked up the jersey giants and they do look a lot alike! Seems like I may just have a little roo too, at least he’s a sweetie. Thank you and good luck with your chicks! :jumpy

Oh wow, I looked up the jersey giants and they do look a lot alike! Seems like I may just have a little roo too, at least he’s a sweetie. Thank you and good luck with your chicks! :jumpy
He’s definitely not a Jersey Giant. For one, they have featherless legs. Second, his coloration isn’t black, it’s Partridge.
I do believe he’s a LF Partridge Cochin cockerel.

He’s definitely not a Jersey Giant. For one, they have featherless legs. Second, his coloration isn’t black, it’s Partridge.
I do believe he’s a LF Partridge Cochin cockerel.
He definitely has some mighty fluffy pants for sure not a jersey, and I wasn’t sure if a partridge could have so little of the coloring that’s where I had my doubts. Thank you so much for helping me :celebrateI’m happy to finally know what he is.

Back
Top Bottom