He’s definitely not a Jersey Giant. For one, they have featherless legs. Second, his coloration isn’t black, it’s Partridge.
I do believe he’s a LF Partridge Cochin cockerel.
I didn't even think about the leg feathering again not an expert was just guessing! Will be interesting to find out what he is I am sure time will tell for sure!

Hello! So I did the thing I bought the optional mystery chick from the hatchery I ordered my chicks from. I bought 7 beilefelders and 1 mystery and the poor thing is definitely pretty different.
I got my chicks from Murray McMurray hatchery, they were delivered April 18th of this year so they are about 8 weeks old at this point.
Luckily it being a fuzzy footed breed the options from the hatchery are more limited than the clean leg. I can list all the feather foot options if that would be more helpful but since a few are pure white breeds or like silkies with the head feathers I eliminated those options.
.black cochin
.black langshan
.blue cochin
.blue Cochin bantam
. Dark brahmas
.french black copper marans
.gold laced Cochin bantam
.partridge Cochin bantam
.partridge Cochin

If anyone could please help me figure out what this little one is I would really appreciate it, I’m hoping it’s some kind of hen with a large comb but I have a sneaking suspicion it’s a little roo. I even added a picture from when I first got him in case that helps any
She looks like my dark brahma, Natalie..but likely a roo.

Back
Top Bottom