Mystery Predator

Sounds like you have a protected perimeter. Cannot imagine what could have happened…don't think fox or coyote could get in there. Just broken necks, 2 covered up in coop and one dropped outside. Most animal or bird predators would have left some more injury evidence. ??? could it be human????

Hope you can find out who/what it was.

Will do. DH is mumbling, swearing and loading guns. Think he is pi--ed. LOL
Good - Take em out LOL
To answer the question on Electric fence - I have been using it for about 5 years and no loses exept Hawk twice - We have had a couple attempts at chewing threw the mesh strands but I think they got a shocking message and stopped [ the only thing we don't have here is Cougar and mink ]

The assumed at this point Fox got in before lock down. May have chased the girls in there. Probably around dusk. The shavings looked like someone had turned them and left a big pile in the corner. The dogs are kept in with a 5 strand electric field fence, will extend that around the coop and run at different heights.

The electric fence is in the works now. Will extend the dogs fence 5 strand field fence to incorporate the run and coop. I don't think we have any thing much bigger than coyotes. Lost of vicious little stuff.

The assumed at this point Fox got in before lock down. May have chased the girls in there. Probably around dusk. The shavings looked like someone had turned them and left a big pile in the corner. The dogs are kept in with a 5 strand electric field fence, will extend that around the coop and run at different heights.
Sounds like a fox. Maybe you should not let them range til problem is taken care of.

Bet the fox will be back.

Wishing y'all the best of luck.

That is the plan at this point. The girls are not happy about this but will get over it. The hard part now is getting in to feed water and do the chicken chores without them getting out. A lot of mumbly sweary people here today.

That is the plan at this point. The girls are not happy about this but will get over it. The hard part now is getting in to feed water and do the chicken chores without them getting out. A lot of mumbly sweary people here today.
They can be quite grumps if not getting there way….but so am I
sad.png

Please post and let us know when you get that chicken killer! Best wishes.

They can be quite grumps if not getting there way….but so am I
sad.png

Please post and let us know when you get that chicken killer! Best wishes.
According to my chickens they have contracts and pockets to pull them out of. My oldest EE is the spokes chicken and did I get read the riot act. I was told in no uncertain terms what the contract said and boy am I in trouble with the chicken union. There will be picketing, withholding of eggs and just general may ham. This all will be alleviated if I will Just Let Them OUT. LOL

Back
Top Bottom