Mystery to me!

I would keep him, personally. Always love a quiet roo :D
From what I can tell, he has Mahogany and dominant white genes. The white is taking the place of all black.
I'm gonna guess he is RIR over white rock. I've seen RIRxWhite Leghorn and neither the males nor females turned out like him. And RIR over RIW makes the typical red sex link.
I just saw that dominate white and some white in the lobes and being a leghorn fan had to throw that out there.
You'll probably never know for sure.
I did like the RSL F2 idea. I could go with that too.

Cockerel. He looks like how my young RIRxRed sex link chick is coming on.
4CB720DC-A4BE-4C23-9C19-CD3CC77DDD07.jpeg
57A194FE-DDDA-47C2-8A9E-21D97535816F.jpeg

Thanks everyone. I wonder why he doesn’t crow or mingle with other chickens? At first I didn’t think twice about it as he was adjusting to new surroundings. But he has been here at least 5 months now and still acts the same. How do you tell if a chicken is blind or deaf?

Thanks everyone. I wonder why he doesn’t crow or mingle with other chickens? At first I didn’t think twice about it as he was adjusting to new surroundings. But he has been here at least 5 months now and still acts the same. How do you tell if a chicken is blind or deaf?
Just keep checking to see if they react to visual or noise stimuli. Checking for deafness in a chicken might be a little harder, though. Can you train him to come when you call for treats, or...?
Try clicker training!

He sure is dark red like a Rhodie, except for that blinding white tail! He might be Rhodie over a Sex link.
I have some Rhodie over Leghorn but they only look sorta like him. White tail but are no where as dark a red as him.

He sure is dark red like a Rhodie, except for that blinding white tail! He might be Rhodie over a Sex link.
I have some Rhodie over Leghorn but they only look sorta like him. White tail but are no where as dark a red as him.
New Hampshire mix maybe? Aren't they darker than RIR?

Back
Top Bottom