Naked neck polish genetics question

Georgia Boy 1970

Songster
9 Years
Feb 3, 2010
Northeast Ga. Banks County
I will be setting my incubator this week.Going into the incubator will be eggs starting my naked polish project.Pen 1 is turken/naked neck male over buff laced polish female and red crested red polish female. Pen 2 is frizzle golden laced/tolblunt split male over black naked neck hen.My question is concerning the f1 chicks from pen 1,I expect to get a lot of white chicks because of dominant white from the buff laced polish. If I breed the f1 to other colors of polish,will I see other colors than white? I want this project to yield frizzled naked neck polish mixed in color. If you can answer this question I will really appreciate it. Or if you have worked on a similiar project and would like to share please feel free to do so.
Thanks

See my avatar......
This is a 3/4 Polish 1/4 NN.

I don't have any experience with the frizzle gene as I do not like it, I personally feel like it messed things up.

As far as mixing with Buff Laced Polish, I crossed mine with Easter Eggers and had most chicks hatch out with blotches of black, however as they grew some of them have developed some buff lacing on their breast and backs. These are, the oldest, are about 6 to 7 weeks old so as soon as they start laying we'll see about other colors when I get to hatch some eggs from them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom