blue silkie feathered bantam Naked Necks:
277897212.jpg

Blue, splash Frizzle LF Naked Neck green-eggers:
17_62809_016.jpg

blue, black melanotic LF Naked Necks:
17_dsc00524.jpg

Blue Naked Neck Giants:
17_62809_004.jpg

And hatching in a week or so --- my first Cuckoo and blue Cuckoo LF Naked Neck green-eggers!

Yes, I love Naked Necks!
smile.png

Lisa

Thanks guys!
I have a lot of buff, red, and blue barring in my birds. It's been a challenge to get clean barring in my girls, but I've got a few good ones to work with. This is one of my best barred girls.
Trixie 6-1-17.jpg

This year I'm hoping to breed more solid white and solid black, along with adding blue, splash, lavender and mottled feathering...without losing egg production and size. That's the real trick. A lot of my girls, even those with single combs, lay green and blue eggs too.

Howdy, NN-loving friends! I've been off of BYC for ages, popping back and trying a bit of a catch up (yes, I realize it's hopeless to catch up...).

I wanted to share how well my S&G Naked Necks (ordered from Dunlap) did this summer - I did lose one girl (who always seemed to be a bit less fit), but all the rest behaved as if it wasn't that hot - no panting, etc. - which I was pleased with since they have such great size. Bubba (the current boy in with the girls) is about 10-11 pounds, though he might be more by now (it's been a while since I've weighed him) - let's just say he's like a sumo wrestler (a fit one, though - very healthy). I can only put him with the S&G girls, as he'd crush the others. Ricky Bobby (back up S&G cockerel) is close in size as well. Girls vary in size, but Muffin is the largest at about 8-ish pounds (could be more - it's been ages since I've done weights). She's also the sweetest chicken I own, and insists on being picked up every single day (waits at my feet until I do it, supervises me cleaning the coop), and likes to hug me by pressing her face and neck up against my cheek.

I'm going to hatch this spring, mostly for the freezer but keeping homozygous NN girls (I have too many chickens, don't want to add many more)...

Some pics of Muffin (because I adore her)...

Muffin & me (much better picture of her than me!!!!! I was trying to get my phone to work...):
Muffin&Me.JPG

Muffin at my feet waiting to be picked up:
MuffinAtFeet.JPG

Muffin and Bubba, hangin' on their shade shelter. (Can you see how big she is?! She's shaking her head in the second photo):

Muffin&Bubba1.JPG

Muffin&Bubba2.JPG

OK, off to try to do a little catching up here and on other threads, just wanted to say hi (since I think of this as one of my main "home" threads), and share about the S&Gs.

- Ant Farm

Back
Top Bottom