Naked Neck/Turken Thread

33 so far with a couple more pipping!!!!! Counted 8 NN's, and the rest all Nn's, not a single fully feathered bird.. and all kinds of colors! Squeeeee!
IMG_20180201_194444.jpg

Will try to get better pics soon....

I do not have any necked necks but do plan on getting them in the future... Would you recommend this breed to live with other regular chicken breeds? It also can get -15 over here is that a problem with this breed?
Mine have done just fine in the cold. Last yr I had one group in a tarp covered dog kennel one side completely open, had to shovel snow out. Subzero I'm bundled up and freezing feeding them, they're outside flapping their wings exposing bare breasts laughing at me Lol!
Not using that 'coop' this yr only did cause I had too many chickens and wanted two separate breeding groups at the time. The coop I'm using for the NN's now I keep the pop door open so I wouldn't say it is warm, I like to keep coops well vented don't worry about drafts. Had a few days of -18F this winter and no probs. Rooster has just a touch of frostbite on the tips of his comb, nothing on wattles, nothing on hens.
The rooster in my avatar if you can get him to stand still you can see a little frostbite in his comb and wattles pic was last spring just after winter, didn't take long and it healed/disappeared. He was in the real coop rooster in the dog kennel looked about the same. My Jersey Giant roosters get about the same.

There is a BYC member in Maine that has naked necks and no probs either.

I have just discovered greek crested naked necks:wee

next on my list but I need to move to a bigger place first.

there is someone interested to buy my house so a little prayer from you might help. I do believe when more people pray for the same thing it will come true.

@chickengr. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Good luck, I know you're on pins and needles. Do you have a new place in mind?
Now I have to check out those Greek crested NNs...

thanks! I have just got back home. today I found a nice place, 2 acres. I saw some other places as well but this one is the best. I hope to buy it soon.

there is a photo of greek crested NNs (they are not recognized breed):
greek NNs.jpg

Ready to take orders to ship fertile eggs on my NN’s

Pay-pal

thanks! I have just got back home. today I found a nice place, 2 acres. I saw some other places as well but this one is the best. I hope to buy it soon.

View attachment 1257191

View attachment 1257191
Very nice looking. Crest is bigger on them than I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom