Naked Neck/Turken Thread

What breed mix is the 6th pic? I got my one looks just like it. Named it Emu first one out of the box and my daughter never saw one like it so thats its name. We went to unisex names so it stays easy to keep names from tom being tommasina or some roo being called sally lol. Emu is also going to get wings clipped if she/he dont quit jumping up. Its 3 stories to the ground below and I havent lost a chicken yet! Rooftop chickens really work well here.

yuckyuck.gif

That is what I was calling him when he was younger and the eyeliner was soooo obvious.

He has a great hairdoo and make up sure does look like a members of Kiss
lau.gif
You need to get up with the rock group and tell them you have a new member for them.

What breed mix is the 6th pic? I got my one looks just like it. Named it Emu first one out of the box and my daughter never saw one like it so thats its name. We went to unisex names so it stays easy to keep names from tom being tommasina or some roo being called sally lol. Emu is also going to get wings clipped if she/he dont quit jumping up. Its 3 stories to the ground below and I havent lost a chicken yet! Rooftop chickens really work well here.

This one?

She has EE heritage from a U.S. hatchery, and NN, but my NN are mixes of some things I don't even know about. I think this ones Gparents were Oreo an EE roo over Mensa a NN hen of mixed heritage (NN, barred and Delaware???? @draye could be more specific on that one)

These are Oreo and Mensa, the Gparents

This is the suspected mother, this one or one that looks very much like her

I suspect the father is Shakespear who is also the grandson of Mensa but I suspect Jaxom is his gdad b/c of the fibro

Quote: Mensa was from a Barred Naked Neck rooster (his heritage I don't know, bought him at a chicken swap, I don't think that he was pure for the NN gene though, he threw a lot of non-Naked Neck babies, breed to NN hens). The mother I think was a Buff Naked Neck (hatchery stock-Murray McMurray), I've got one at home that is the same color as Mensa and also a 1/2 EE-1/2 NN hen that has almost the same coloring. As far as I know there was no Delaware in them, but not positive. The hens that I had at the time when breed to anything NN (there were two different roosters at different times), always produces NN, that is the reason I believe the non-NN stuff came from the barred rooster that I had.

All I have left from my original stock are two hens that I breed from them, 1 as stated is the Salmon-Buff colored hen and a red hen. I liked my originals better than what I have now. My cousin does have a black hen from my originals that I'm going to barrow back to try to get some of my original blood back.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom