Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Here's anew picture of the little mottled chick. Now 3 1/2 weeks old.

Funny quoting myself, but I have an update on this cockerel chick.

Thought he came from a dark egg from a hen in with my Spangled Alihacrooater so I was thinking a Mottled chick. Nope.

He's turning out to be a Silver Partridge. So he's obviously from my Cinnamon rooster out of my Mottled Partridge hens. Had to have been. I already have a Silver Partridge hen from the same mating from about a year ago.

I don't remember her been hatched outcthus color. I'm thinking she hatched out whitish with a streak or two of dark feathering. Maybe a sex link thing. Cockerels hatching out this dark color and pullets whitish with the dark steaks. Just guessing in my part. @Kev

Last edited:
Christine..all 15 went into lock down. Do you find that your eggs hatch on time, a bit before. They are a pretty good size. There are two that are smaller. Hatch day..Wed.! I guess I'm just wondering if there is a possibility to see some pips by tomorrow night! Whoot! I'm excited to get me some NN babies!

LL

I'll take that little white baby off your hands for ya!
big_smile.png
lol.png
Thanks. My plan was to keep 2 or 3, just to keep their mother company as she's alone, but I love them so much already, and I'm so curious to see what they look like when they grow up that I've decided to keep all the pullets and 1 cockerel as soon as I can tell who's who. I actually want to keep them all but I only have place for 1 roo
hit.gif

Well Christine, got my answer to my question before you got to come on. It is only day 19, I have a pip. From Zen. On the wrong end!! Stinker. :/

It's big pip, and it isn't at the very tip, in fact, almost in the middle..but is just past the middle toward the tip. I am thinking from the size of that pip, it is going to go to work on that egg. I guess I best set up my brooder. Whoot! Here we go. May not get any other to pip until tomorrow. So, if this chick makes it, it will be lonely for a while. I have the perfect solution. A small hand/kitchen towel. They love hiding under them when just hatched. :)

Christine..all 15 went into lock down. Do you find that your eggs hatch on time, a bit before. They are a pretty good size. There are two that are smaller. Hatch day..Wed.! I guess I'm just wondering if there is a possibility to see some pips by tomorrow night! Whoot! I'm excited to get me some NN babies!

I had 1 hatch on day 19, 1 hatch on day 21, and the rest hatched on day 20. They all seem very eager to come see the world.
smile.png

This was definitely my most colorful hatch ever.

Back
Top Bottom