Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Thanks, I think (s)he is all that and a bag of chips, but thought I was just prejudice.
gig.gif

No, not prejudiced at all, Kassaundra....that's one beautiful chick....Please post pics. as she acquires her adult feathers.

Oh, and just to indicate how popular NNs are in Britain now, a large black NN roo won the "Large Fowl" category in the Royal Welsh Show which I visited a few days back.This show is Britain's biggest agricultural event, and attracted 65,000 visitors on the day I went. This is ever more surprising in that the show is held near a tiny town in Powys, mid Wales (lowest population density of all the counties of E & W).

The winning roo was a nice big black NN with clean neck and a single straight comb.

Last edited:
Did any one misunderstand? I'd be prejudice if I owned her too. She's worth that bag of potato chips and I'd throw in at least 2 bags of Fritos.

No, not prejudiced at all, Kassaundra....that's one beautiful chick....Please post pics. as she acquires her adult feathers.

Oh, and just to indicate how popular NNs are in Britain now, a large black NN roo won the "Large Fowl" category in the Royal Welsh Show which I visited a few days back.This show is Britain's biggest agricultural event, and attracted 65,000 visitors on the day I went. This is ever more surprising in that the show is held near a tiny town in Powys, mid Wales (lowest population density of all the counties of E & W).

The winning roo was a nice big black NN with clean neck and a  single straight comb. 
I tried to find the results on their webpage, but the poultry results aren't up? I'd like to see this boy!

http://www.rwas.co.uk/en/welsh-show/results

Last edited:
You're quite right Aoxa....I don't know why they haven't published the poultry results as there were plenty there...ducks, pigeons and geese as well as chickens. Unfortunately I didn't take a pic.either of the NN either. He was owned by Ifor Evans from Carmarthen, but I didn't get any more detail than that.

A white Silkie took Gold Medal and over all show winner.

The sheep and cattle seem to be the mainstay of the show and ,though there were far fewer goats than chickens, their results are published. Hmmm.....RWAS seem to have a touch of poultryism.

You're quite right Aoxa....I don't know why they haven't published the poultry results as there were plenty there...ducks, pigeons and geese as well as chickens. Unfortunately I didn't take a pic.either of the NN either. He was owned by Ifor Evans from Carmarthen, but I didn't get any more detail than that.

A white Silkie took Gold Medal and over all show winner.

The sheep and cattle seem to be the mainstay of the show and ,though there were far fewer goats than chickens, their results are published. Hmmm.....RWAS seem to have a touch of poultryism.
That's crazy! Especially since it says they were the opening event?

I have never actually seen a NN in a show yet. Is there a reason why that would be?

Back
Top Bottom