Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Looks like a girl from here. :D

I thought so too! I guess it is safe now to name her a girl name. Petunia....Toonie for short!
wink.png

Just got a NN chick and will be hatching NN eggs soon. How can you tell males from females at an early age? Any signs to look for? Slow feathering, wide comb thick legs or anything like that?
I think they are tricky little buggers to sex!!!!! The girls can and often do have lots of red in the neck and head even at early ages.

I just found this thread. I love my Naked Necks. Here is a picture of one of mine. His name is Elvis.

I got started with Naked Necks thanks to Dipsy Doodle Doo. She started my addiction.

Just got a NN chick and will be hatching NN eggs soon. How can you tell males from females at an early age? Any signs to look for? Slow feathering, wide comb thick legs or anything like that?

I agree with kasaundra, they can be hard to sex. One of my older girls was very hard to sex until she started to lay because she had a larger comb and thicker legs than all the others and even took on the rooster role until I got a roo in the flock.

Back
Top Bottom