Naked Neck/Turken Thread

i feel so sad today one of my oldest nn hen died

this is last pic that i took 2 todays ago

this is her in 2006

aww im sorry about your loss. that is very sad.

i was just wondering how come the picture of her in the middle looks like she has no comb or wattles but the other pictures they are more present? i havent seen that before.

this one is mostly white with some black and he(i think) has white legs. i also think he might be a little deaf he seems to always be alone or not listen when i call them.

the white one on the perch is a hen im pretty positive about this one and she also has slated legs.the one in back of her i think is a rooster.

this one is a rooster he started crowing a couple days ago.(ah to many roosters=/)

this one i think is a rooster too.

showing off his white legs hehe.

this chicken has white legs also he has started crowing.

sunbathing this one i think is a rooster.

this black one i know is a rooster he seems to be the top roo.

is this one a rooster?top photo and bottom photo.

sorry i took a lot of photos. i am missing a hen in these photos. so far i know i have two roosters and i know i have two hens but the others im still open for opinions on. the black one and the one who has white legs that has started to crow i know are roos.

As mentioned before, my son is in Ramstein Germany and should be home by mid March/14. We e.mail and phone on a fairly regular basis and early this morning I was pleased to get a call from him.

He is interested in becoming the 4th generation master of this farm and has no siblings to argue the point and I'm thrilled with his renewed interest.

While the egg production stays in the black (by and large), it's still just a glorified hobby and he (Jason) hit me with one of his plans! He wants to phase out the purebred Australorps over a 3 or 4 year period, keeping only the NN's and the hybrids that we now have.

ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif

I am still in shock, but I put up no argument at this time.
he.gif

Here is my newest baby NN girl. Her father was a blue egg carrying gene roo with a crested cream Legbar dad and a white leghorn mom. You can see she inherited his crest.

Back
Top Bottom