Naked Neck/Turken Thread

well im happy for you,build your flock cause i want some of those,
i forget the name of this guy in OM he has a naked chicken too, but his died

ive been hooked since then..

Away from the thread for awhile..missed a TON. Trying to catch up.

@Kassaundra
Gorgeous babies! The Fm are stunning! I want eggs from your beauties now as much as DDDs! Especially if there's a minute chance of another little Rudy! :eek: :th :bow
Good luck, little guy! :fl

I acquired a new black showgirl roo recently. He's mainly for my silkie/showgirl project, but I'm hoping to cross him, too, with my NN gal (if the lazy thing will ever start laying) and see what becomes of that.

Okay I thought about not including these ones at first, but oh well here they are. He was in intense icu and still is in guarded condition. I do not actually think he will make it, but I didn't think he would make it to day 3 either. My eggs shrink wrapped bad this time. I had to assist almost all of them, he was just about 12ish hours to soon (but shrink wrapped wouldn't have made it till then) so was hatched w/ a huge abd hernia (the reason for the tape on the back end) his legs are weak and had to be hobbled, he needed shoes to at first but that is better. The hernia bandage was much bigger to at first. The tape starts just below the vent so he can poop. He can open his eyes and can see, just doesn't do it as much as I would like. The hernia is much better, he is eating and pooping well formed good poops, but walking is still hard for him. His hatchmates aren't to welcoming, but we have been working w/ that and seem to be making progress. I didn't even think this was genetically possible w/ the males and females I had. I knew I had a male carrier, but he had to sneak to mate, had no clue who the female carrier is didn't know I had one. Anyway I think w/ the odds this guy has already beaten if he makes it I will name him Rudy after that Notre Dame football player, who beat such incredible odds.

I got so excited when I saw these pictures that without thinking, I started looking up more information on them. With Naked Necks on the brain, and new chicks, I googled 'naked chicks'
ep.gif
lau.gif

ETA: I should have googled FEATHERLESS chickens...its all about the feathers people, the feathers!

Last edited:
Hope that fully naked chick survives till adult age Kassaundra. They seem to do great in southeast Asia where it's always 80s-100s temp with high humidity almost year round. Hellbender aka Ron knows that region as a Vietnam vet. No way a naked chicken will survive up north as there chances are impaired.

Awwe Kassaundra, I hope they all pull through.
Okay guys I have new chick pics of the latest hatch.  It was a long hard one, lots of work on my end assisting and many in icu.  I forget if I was able to post about it or not, my internet has been down for 2 days, still is but went to my fil's to use his server, it is a diff carrier.  They supposedly are working on the problem and it is nationwide but isolated individuals or areas.  :barnie

Okay I thought about not including these ones at first, but oh well here they are.  He was in intense icu and still is in guarded condition.  I do not actually think he will make it, but I didn't think he would make it to day 3 either.  My eggs shrink wrapped bad this time.  I had to assist almost all of them, he was just about 12ish hours to soon (but shrink wrapped wouldn't have made it till then) so was hatched w/ a huge abd hernia (the reason for the tape on the back end) his legs are weak and had to be hobbled, he needed shoes to at first but that is better.  The hernia bandage was much bigger to at first.  The tape starts just below the vent so he can poop.  He can open his eyes and can see, just doesn't do it as much as I would like.  The hernia is much better, he is eating and pooping well formed good poops, but walking is still hard for him.  His hatchmates aren't to welcoming, but we have been working w/ that and seem to be making progress.  I didn't even think this was genetically possible w/ the males and females I had.  I knew I had a male carrier, but he had to sneak to mate, had no clue who the female carrier is didn't know I had one.  Anyway I think w/ the odds this guy has already beaten if he makes it I will name him Rudy after that Notre Dame football player, who beat such incredible odds.

Awwe Kassaundra, I hope they all pull through.
Me too! I'm oddly attracted to them but as Vimvakas said, they would have to have remarkable care to survive the cool evenings here West Virginia and there might be some trying nights anywhere above south Florida, Down around Brownsville Texas...

I do believe they would do best somewhere in Florida, because it does have what I consider hellish humidity. The heat is one thing, somewhat more easily overcome but the humidity is so bad, only a native could be very comfortable without real Air conditioning.

Forget a fan...just about like a convection oven!

Hi everyone, im pretty new and just starting my chicken adventure. I added 10 chicks to my household today and four were what appears to be Turkens. Conditions here for animals you never know. They are this weeks hatching as they go out to market on Mondays and Thursdays. I took photos but will wait til tomorrow so I can photograph in better light. I did a quick search on sexing but I have no clue on these little guys. Anything I need to watch for? As posted im in Libya walking distance to sea so hot and humid summers. I have a temp coop for my oldest 2 but size wise these guys will be on the balcony for a bit. Last yr we got 115 temps easily. Any help in determining group or sex appreciated.

Me too! I'm oddly attracted to them but as Vimvakas said, they would have to have remarkable care to survive the cool evenings here West Virginia and there might be some trying nights anywhere above south Florida, Down around Brownsville Texas...

I do believe they would do best somewhere in Florida, because it does have what I consider hellish humidity. The heat is one thing, somewhat more easily overcome but the humidity is so bad, only a native could be very comfortable without real Air conditioning.

Forget a fan...just about like a convection oven!

Well I suppose if it was up north someone could knit a sweater for it.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom