Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I wanted to share some of my NN

My first NN keeper chick of the year and it appears to be Blue Barred! I am looking forward to seeing him full grown. I actually am hoping for it to be a him to replace my breeding male I have now. I think he will be gorgeous :D

Thank you for the update @SlipsWife. Doesn't sound too promising so far. I'm sorry you lost all the eggs. :(

You all and your NN chicks!! I'm :drool over here! My jaw practically hits the floor every time you post new pics, Kass. Of Rudy, obviously (trying to sleep with his head tucked under his little bony wing! :love I just can't handle the cute!), but all of them are drool-worthy.

@Lacey1988 His type looks good. Color is a little funky, but if you're not breeding for color, that won't matter. I'm starting a showgirl project myself! I have NNs to breed in if need be, but I've heard it takes many generations to get a good sg line started starting "from scratch" so I'm starting with some good quality silkies and showgirls. Took a blow last night when I lost my best quality silkie hen (and second favorite of all my 60+ chickens), though.
Good luck with your project!

I love the black NN but I also love my Black Copper Marans and feathered shanks with very good size eggs. Average 74g. Obviously hens wouldn't display copper Necks but my boys I think are just beautiful and I would love to carry that dark egg gene on!

That's a way cool project! Dark egger NN.....

There's some BCM blood in my LF NN and good news, they lay BIG eggs- never weighed but get comments about them being huge even from seasoned poultry folk. Not so dark though, no surprise as I didn't breed back to Marans....

@Lacey1988 His type looks good. Color is a little funky, but if you're not breeding for color, that won't matter. I'm starting a showgirl project myself! I have NNs to breed in if need be, but I've heard it takes many generations to get a good sg line started starting "from scratch" so I'm starting with some good quality silkies and showgirls. Took a blow last night when I lost my best quality silkie hen (and second favorite of all my 60+ chickens), though.
Good luck with your project!

Perfect answer! and sorry on the losses. :(

Back
Top Bottom