Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I saw Rudy dust bathing today, first time I've seen him do it. But didn't have the camera w/ me.
I can picture that in my mind... and it's adorable.
lol.png

Some of this years keepers. I am holding back two males shown for next year's breedings. One appears to be a blue barred. The other looks blue - but who the heck knows what his genetics are?

The female is all black. All are pea combed and came from either blue or green NN eggs.

We got a nice little storm in thomson ga.....spent 15-20 min climbing through pricker bushes to save my naked neck babies from the rain! All this on a sprained ankle!

He is so handsome, flower! I hope he mans up for you! He would make some purdy babies.
Oh thank you, thank you.
He is beginning to man up as I heard him practicing his male voice. I am delighted as I do have two LF Nn, one medium and two tiny Serama/Nn. Next season should bring some cute babies if I get to tolerate all six of my hen that insist on "going broody" at this time grrrrrr

What a fun informational read with beautiful birds! This is my Igor. He's close to five months now. I wasn't going to get chickens and then the universe put him in my path so I adopted him. and then because he needed friends six pullets were added to the new flock. If I would've known chickens were this much fun I would've gotten a bunch many years ago!

What a fun informational read with beautiful birds! This is my Igor. He's close to five months now. I wasn't going to get chickens and then the universe put him in my path so I adopted him. and then because he needed friends six pullets were added to the new flock. If I would've known chickens were this much fun I would've gotten a bunch many years ago!

He's a very handsome fellow! Are your pullets NNs also? I've found the NNs to have a very laidback personality, just love them!

Hi ChuskaMnts, I fell in love with him the moment I held him and he snuggled in. The promise of no chickens went right out the window! My pullets are a mixed batch. The people I adopted Igor from surprised me and sent a rhode island red and what I think is an american game hen. The same day I went to the store not sure what to get and ended up with a barred rock, black sex link, silver wyandotte, and a buff orpington. Of the group, my NN and my American game are my favorites. Both are so chatty and want attention but Igor is pretty laid back about it:). He was "helping" me in the garden this afternoon, inspecting the weeds and making sure there weren't any bugs in the pile.:)

I see a few more of these NN guys in my future! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom