Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Kassaundra...I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here but I read in an earlier part of the thread about the horrific hit your flock took a while back and I hope it never happens again. We are all open to predator attack, no matter how well we guard our flocks.

My thoughts about the cock and cockerel are...Is it at all possible to keep both, even if they decide to lock horns?...Perhaps alternate days...one penned, one at large?

I hate to see bridges burned when just a little bit of annoyance can keep us in good stead.

I'd also like to point out that Draye was first to mention that the female ova determines the gender of the offspring but that fact seemed to have been missed my many.

Turk

Last edited:

This boy shows Fm, is also Scsc but you can't tell from this pic, and is Nana, this bow tie could be referred to as a bib
(this is the boy I was referring to about maybe replacing shakespear)
Your bird is absolutely stunning. If my little Turken looks anything like this I'll be building another coop this winter and keeping him with a little flock of his own. My boy's mom looks like your cockerel, but his dad is a Marans so there's no telling what he'll look like all grown up.

Thank you Kassaundra! I knew less than nothing about naked necks, and chickens in general, four months ago and then I met and fell in love with this sweet guy. This site and all of the posts have been incredible helpful!

It's all a learning experience. I've been on here a year and I learn more every day. Lots of different interests.
thumbsup.gif

Hello. Im in Arlington Tx and im looking for a place to get a naked neck. Does anyone know where to get one at?

Yea Arlington!!! I'm out of Shreveport and used to live in Arlington. There's got to be Chicken Swaps around the Dallas area. Check the TX thread on Socials. Then advertise wanted on CL.
highfive.gif

Edited to add:
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom