Naked Neck/Turken Thread

@DesertChic. Here are some photos of one of the older ones I kept. Let these out to free range today. Tell me it's a girl! I have another that is younger from that blonde girl from your eggs too. Going to look similar.
20180508_143018.jpg
20180508_142639.jpg
20180508_143147.jpg
20180508_143306.jpg
There is blue in her, especially her tail.

Yes I’d bet money that’s a pullet.

Of my 6 NN, two were obviously male at 2 weeks old. Their combs were bigger, they loved to chest bump and spar, they’re outgoing and friendly (aggressive) and now at 6 weeks old they’re combs are pink and also developing wattles.

And I have two that are obviously pullets: small yellow combs, smaller size than the boys and not nearly as boisterous as the boys.

Sadly we had to cull one due to an impacted crop. I was sure she was a girl too. Beautiful orange and black :(

The last one is a puzzle- the comb is bigger than the two girls but not as big as the boys, it’s not as pink as theirs either, kinda pale.
This chick is the same size as the boys, very assertive and curious but it seems like it could be a larger pullet.
I don’t know! This one is going to drive me crazy :barnie
I’m going to post photos and anyone can guess the sex.
Chick #1(the one I’m not sure of):
67094776-C364-4D32-A8BF-45BB21A6345E.jpeg

BDA570F9-48D7-41E6-8EE1-CA97EA322192.jpeg

Chick #2 (I’m guessing cockerel):
81EF65EF-AF47-4F5F-9B3B-6A54C994AB74.jpeg

Yes I’d bet money that’s a pullet.

Of my 6 NN, two were obviously male at 2 weeks old. Their combs were bigger, they loved to chest bump and spar, they’re outgoing and friendly (aggressive) and now at 6 weeks old they’re combs are pink and also developing wattles.

And I have two that are obviously pullets: small yellow combs, smaller size than the boys and not nearly as boisterous as the boys.

Sadly we had to cull one due to an impacted crop. I was sure she was a girl too. Beautiful orange and black :(

The last one is a puzzle- the comb is bigger than the two girls but not as big as the boys, it’s not as pink as theirs either, kinda pale.
This chick is the same size as the boys, very assertive and curious but it seems like it could be a larger pullet.
I don’t know! This one is going to drive me crazy :barnie
I’m going to post photos and anyone can guess the sex.
Chick #1(the one I’m not sure of):
View attachment 1380023
View attachment 1380026
Chick #2 (I’m guessing cockerel):
View attachment 1380029

#1 is a girl.

I wonder if all of them are girls. their wattles are big but pink. cockerels have red wattles. I have had girls with huge wattles and thick legs.

Back
Top Bottom