Naked Neck/Turken Thread

6B78B8A4-74D6-4592-9B39-7E93E1533AF8.jpeg
Need names for these girls, got them both from the same person and they’re about the same age and just hope I can find names that fit both and go together. Any ideas??

So this is random but i sawsaw @Kev 's avatar picture and ive been trying to see if he had any pictures on a post of the birds being naked ut cant find any. Are those birds in that photo naked from molting or are really completely naked? I would love to ask him but he hasnt been on since last year September.

Ok I am ready for my Saturday hatch! I can't wait to see how many NN I get. Oh and I get to pick up a dorking roo..... obviously I will be mixing him with my necked necks....

I finally butchered my NN/Dorking cockerel. The meat was succulent and delicious...not quite as good as the pure Dorking, but much easier to process.

So this is random but i sawsaw @Kev 's avatar picture and ive been trying to see if he had any pictures on a post of the birds being naked ut cant find any. Are those birds in that photo naked from molting or are really completely naked? I would love to ask him but he hasnt been on since last year September.

They are 100% featherless birds, known as "scaleless". They never grow feathers. Here's a photo of some mature ones:
Scaleless chicken.jpg

They are 100% featherless birds, known as "scaleless". They never grow feathers. Here's a photo of some mature ones:
View attachment 1537745
Thats crazy! Are these more prone to any diseases than other chickens? I wish i could get these in puerto rico. These would be nice birds to breed with. Id imagine they would make more feathery birds a ton less feathery.

Thats crazy! Are these more prone to any diseases than other chickens? I wish i could get these in puerto rico. These would be nice birds to breed with. Id imagine they would make more feathery birds a ton less feathery.

I know they fall victim to environmental changes more easily than birds with feathers, but I don't know about disease tendencies. One woman I know of who raised them would always make clothing for her birds to help them withstand the weather.

Back
Top Bottom