Naked Neck x Black Copper Maran cross Rooster with Dominique Hens ??????????What am I gonna get

bantiehen

Songster
8 Years
Nov 22, 2011
Montana
I have a question I will be getting Dominique pullets well chicks soon. And I have a Naked Neck hybrid rooster right now he's still little himself like 4 months old. I had planned on putting my Naked Neck pullets with him when they got older sadly I lost them all :( so I ordered some of the Dominique's I love how they look and that they are a great breed.

Anyway I was wondering what the chicks will look like with this cross??? Thank you... Will they be sexed link ?? Or will they be guess what I am as I get older...

As long as your rooster is not barred, then your chicks wil be sexlinked.
Males will be barred (spot on head)
Females will not be barred (no spot)

I currentlly have a Ancona/Dom sexlink pullet in my brooder and a Ancona/Barred cochin sexlink pullet in my grow out pen. And more eggs in the 'bator. :D

As long as your rooster is not barred, then your chicks wil be sexlinked.
Males will be barred (spot on head)
Females will not be barred (no spot)
I currentlly have a Ancona/Dom sexlink pullet in my brooder and a Ancona/Barred cochin sexlink pullet in my grow out pen. And more eggs in the 'bator.
big_smile.png

Cool :) nope Pizza he's a nice red color like his dad was. His Dad was my Naked Neck x Jubliee Rhode Island Red hybrid cross. Pizza is the rooster that I want to put with them. He's turning out really nice and I hope he turns out to look like his dad :).. thank you :) for letting me know.. Nice combination :)

Also half of the chicks will have naked necks, other half not. The "not nakeds" don't have the gene at all so they will never produce naked neck chicks unless bred with a naked neck.

yeah I did get some chicks from my NN rooster that didn't have naked necks ... The ones I did they all had bowties like their dad though :) .... I didn't get too many chicks though which stinks. I do have a daughter from my NN rooster.. She is half Australorp and I have her with my Light Brahma rooster and I have set some of those eggs. I hope some will be Naked Necks like her I can only hope :) :).... It was weird to see chicks that weren't Naked Neck like their dad and to see their siblings have the Naked Neck...

( NOT MY PICTURE)
a Naked Neck Barred Chicken
i think they are cool looking. Let me post a picture of my Naked Neck x Rooster Big Daddy Moe I don't have him anymore

roll.png
Your opinion which is fine, couldn't care any less about that.... but kind of rude to post ONLY to say that in a thread devoted solely to naked necks. I don't deliberately go in a thread for Breed X that the Breed X is so gosh darn ugly. I'll be honest, there are several breeds that are rather revolting to me but will never say that to someone who is a fan of that breed. Just rude.

I can't help it, I just feel so sorry for them! They look like dog attack victims.....
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom