Natural Easter Egg Dyes

This is such an interesting thread! Your eggs turned out beautiful-- I especially love the blue you were able to get with the cabbage. I tried natural dyes a few years ago without much success- I think I didn't simmer them long enough- but this is just the incentive I need to try again.
Also, that hibiscus egg is gorgeous! I had no idea you could get eggs that dark with natural dyes. (+, your ameracaunas lay very pretty eggs :) )

I used to let my chickens dye their own eggs..
TasteTheRainbow.jpg

This is great. Thank you for posting. Your eggs are lovely. I read a blog post this week on using natural dye, but the author said that she soaks hers over night. It is hard to wait that long with kids.

I did the pickled natural dyes and you can pull out in three hours but if not color you want you can leave in refrigerator overnight for 12 hours. I did soak mine overnight for a bigger color splash and wow they are worth it. Patience is a good virtue to have. :)

7BEF1D21-9932-4D30-8B0D-C634D0434C22.jpeg
My naturally dyed Easter eggs from my girls. Yeah! It’s hard to tell the yellow and orange in photo but can see up close when looking at display of eggs. :jumpy

Back
Top Bottom