Nature Photography

Pics
I saw some pics of Venus transiting the sun a while back. I thought that would be cool to photograph so I looked up the next time it's going to happen..... 2117...:(... I guess I'll have to settle for mercury in 2032.

I’m hoping skies are clear in 2032 for the mercury transit. It’s a long time to wait.

That reminds me. I’m going to attempt to photograph Venus next time it’s clear in the morning. I have a special filter that should help me see cloud detail.

We will see what happens.

I tried to shoot the Triangulum Galaxy for the second time a couple days ago. This one turned out better than the first, but it still has a lot of room for improvement.

First attempt back in September....

triangulum galaxy 9.17.23-Edit.jpg

Second attempt a couple days ago....

triangulum-Edit.jpg

Yo @mdees88, I want to see what you can do with 12P/Pons-Brooks if you get a chance. It's supposedly 6th magnitude now. I personally haven't spotted it yet but I'll be out the next week with my telescope. I've seen some awesome pictures on spaceweather.com.
I've been wanting to photograph a comet. Just pulled it up on stellarium and it looks like it's barely over the horizon at dusk and dawn here in South AL. The rest of the night it's below the horizon. It is highest in the sky during the daytime for me.

I did see where it might be visible during the next eclipse, during totality. I'm going to have one camera shooting wide angle. It would be crazy if I could capture it during totality.

I've been wanting to photograph a comet. Just pulled it up on stellarium and it looks like it's barely over the horizon at dusk and dawn here in South AL. The rest of the night it's below the horizon. It is highest in the sky during the daytime for me.

I did see where it might be visible during the next eclipse, during totality. I'm going to have one camera shooting wide angle. It would be crazy if I could capture it during totality.
I've gotten a couple.

PAN-STARRS over Phx at sunset (left of the moon, zoom it)
pan-starrs_and_moon.jpg

NEOWISE
_DSC4930.jpg

Just DSLR shots though, no scopes.

I am going to try for 12P/Pons-Brooks as soon as I get my mount back from Celestron. There was an issue with the altitude motor and it would not work. I had to send it in. To be repaired.

I unknowingly voided the warranty when I was investigating the issue. They still fixed it, though. That was a close call.

Anyway, as soon as I have a clear night and I have my mount back I will try for 12P/Pons-Brooks.

Back
Top Bottom