Nature Photography

This afternoon I was taking photos of flowers in my yard, just using my phone.

As I was taking a picture of sedum blooms I noticed something looked "different":
View attachment 3834431
Can you see what caught my eye?

Here's a close-up, same photo:
View attachment 3834432
See it now?

View attachment 3834435
I believe it's a damselfly. And it let me get closer, close enough to get a decent picture.

It's about 1".
It's a damselfly. Dragonflies hold their wings out when resting, damsels fold their wings

Yarrow silhouetted against a gorgeous sunset. :)
DSC05135.jpeg
DSC05147.jpeg

That's pretty!
My former neighbor (who recently moved) brought that from Thailand as a seed and grew it. It's really pretty, but it's also very messy. It will drop all those flowers in 2 weeks or so, and also drops all its leaves in the fall, They all blow up into my front door area due to the prevailing winds. :p

My former neighbor (who recently moved) brought that from Thailand as a seed and grew it. It's really pretty, but it's also very messy. It will drop all those flowers in 2 weeks or so, and also drops all its leaves in the fall, They all blow up into my front door area due to the prevailing winds. :p
That's nothing. Try having maple or oak trees. This year is the year for maples to drop their helicopters and They. Are. Everywhere! I'm constantly pulling starter maple trees from my garden. And grass. Even in between the cracks in the patio

Back
Top Bottom