Nature Photography

Got these pictures a few nights ago through my telescope.

IMG_3173.jpeg

M13

IMG_3185.jpeg

M82

Help an idiot out. What am I looking at here?

You’re not the idiot, I am. I failed to label what they were. Sorry about that.

That was a little joke. I don’t regard myself as an idiot. I just made a mistake.

M13 is a globular cluster in the constellation Hercules. Basically millions of stars bound together by gravity in a spherical shape. Hence the name globular cluster.

M82 is a galaxy in Ursa Major. Commonly called the cigar galaxy because of its shape.

You’re not the idiot, I am. I failed to label what they were. Sorry about that.

That was a little joke. I don’t regard myself as an idiot. I just made a mistake.

M13 is a globular cluster in the constellation Hercules. Basically millions of stars bound together by gravity in a spherical shape. Hence the name globular cluster.

M82 is a galaxy in Ursa Major. Commonly called the cigar galaxy because of its shape.
Very cool, thank you

I went for a bike ride today, and I stopped by a pond that amphibians breed in this time of year. I saw this in the canal, and I was able to catch them.

Fair warning, what they’re doing is a little suggestive.

IMG_3231.jpeg

After catching them, I realized the one on the bottom, the female, was the biggest western toad I’ve ever seen and caught.

IMG_3233.jpeg

This afternoon I was taking photos of flowers in my yard, just using my phone.

As I was taking a picture of sedum blooms I noticed something looked "different":
IMG_20240516_172923118_HDR.jpg

Can you see what caught my eye?

Here's a close-up, same photo:
IMG_20240516_172923118_HDR~2.jpg

See it now?

IMG_20240516_172943420~2.jpg

I believe it's a damselfly. And it let me get closer, close enough to get a decent picture.

It's about 1".

Back
Top Bottom