Nature Photography

Pics
You didn’t tell me you were into space weather!
Azure is a huge space nerd. He is who I go to for any and all space questions. He dumbs down the answers for me very nicely
I've been obsessed with space since I was a kid. Aurora photography is actually part of my #1 photography bucket list item.

1. Northern Lights
a. Over Iceland in winter
b. with an active volcanic eruption
2. Southern Lights
3. Southern Cross
4. Stromboli
5. Etna
6. Kilauea
7. Kawah Ijen (blue volcano in indonesia)
8. Thunderstorms in Australia
9. The Night sky from the Southern hemisphere
10. Neuchwanstein Castle in Germany
11. Ireland. All of it.
12. Scotland. Samesies.
13. Milky Way rise over a flat, still lake in any desert on earth
14. Earth, from low orbit.
15. Halong Bay, Vietnam
16. Giza
17. Victoria Falls
18. White Sharks underwater
19. Mantas underwater
20. Whales breaching and underwater.
21. Yellowstone at all times of the year.
22. Wolves in the wild
23. Tornado. (yes, I'm insane)
24. Thunderstorms of all kinds and intensities (I kinda do this as often as I can now, but it's never enough)
25. Sunrises and sunsets from as many places as I can.
26. Milky way rise over Mauna Kea
27. Cologne Cathedral, Cologne Germany
28. St Basil's Cathedral, Moscow
Got your #4 right here
download (19).jpeg

And believe me when I say #23 is too scary

Azure is a huge space nerd. He is who I go to for any and all space questions. He dumbs down the answers for me very nicely

Got your #4 right here
View attachment 3781160
And believe me when I say #23 is too scary
lol. Not the tasty one. The 'splodey one.

I know the tornaders are scary dangerous. Part of the thrill. I DID say I was crazy.

Playing with my S24 ultra a few nights ago and shockingly managed a decent moon photo.View attachment 3785343
That's impressive! An S24 will likely be my next upgrade from my S20 FE.

I just got my last day of practice in shooting the sun for the eclipse. I'm working every day until I leave Sunday morning. I will try and get a few more early morning shots of the moon for practice for totality. I'm going to try and run 3 cameras, which is going to be a handful, lol. Two telephotos and one wide angle. It appears with a 14mm lens on my T7i, I should be able to get Saturn, Venus, Jupiter, Mars, and the Comet 12P/Pons-Brooks in the same photo along with the eclipse. Not sure how visible they will be but we shall see...

Screenshot_20240331_114025.jpg

Still not sure where I'm going yet. I will decide by Thursday when we get some more accurate weather reports.

Last edited:
That's impressive! An S24 will likely be my next upgrade from my S20 FE.

I just got my last day of practice in shooting the sun for the eclipse. I'm working every day until I leave Sunday morning. I will try and get a few more early morning shots of the moon for practice for totality. I'm going to try and run 3 cameras, which is going to be a handful, lol. Two telephotos and one wide angle. It appears with a 14mm lens on my T7i, I should be able to get Saturn, Venus, Jupiter, Mars, and the Comet 12P/Pons-Brooks in the same photo along with the eclipse. Not sure how visible they will be but we shall see...

View attachment 3787327

Still not sure where I'm going yet. I will decide by Thursday when we get some more accurate weather reports.
Good luck getting great shots, or shall I say, "Happy Eclipse!"

Back
Top Bottom